GoPro HD Goliath Grouper and Bait Ball Action

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Murfdizzle21

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here are two videos that I made in the past couple of weeks. The first video is from September 15, 2012. Went diving on the Blue Tang with Scuba Works. The first dive was at a site called loggerhead. That's where the shots of the turtles, and sharks came from. On the second dive we went to the MG-111. It's a little shipwreck in 65 feet of water, which also has some debris/pillars from the old Jupiter High School. (Class of 2007 whooo!) Saw great Goliath Grouper action along with bait balls, jacks and snapper. My camera's battery died towards the end of the dive (when I got to the pillars) so missed a lot of great shots, still had an awesome dive. This was my favorite dive, until this past weekend.

[video=youtube;mM2P__VMpKY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM2P__VMpKY[/video]

The second video is from this past weekend. All clips were filmed on ONE DIVE in the morning on September 23, 2012. Went out on the Blue Tang with Scuba Works. The first 40 feet was green and murky, after that it opened up nice but it was a bit dark. We hit the Wreck Trek, and the Goliath Grouper / Bait ball action was amazing. They were all over the Zion, really weren't very scared of the divers. The jacks were nipping at a few of the divers on our way to the wrecks. When we got to the Bonaire there was a couple huge bait balls with grouper just hanging on to the side. My buddy and I just laid down with the groupers and got lost in the bait balls. It was the best diving experience I've ever had. All clips filmed with my GoPro HD with Blurfix flat lens. Comments are welcomed, and appreciated. Going out on the Blue Tang this coming Saturday morning, September 29, 2012. Can't Wait!!

[video=youtube;VuZ-wo3Fqss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuZ-wo3Fqss&feature=player_embedded[/video]

oh how many times did I hop back on that marina and had a beer on the spot, makes me miss south florida

great videos

Love the vids. Keem them coming.

Great videos,were you using any color filters on the camera?

One video I was using the UrPro Cy filter, I also do a little color correcting on the computer. I got some more amazing footage today. The goliaths let us get so close today.

Went diving on the Blue Tang with Scuba Works on September 29, 2012. Our first dive was on the Wreck Trek (Zion, Miss Jenny, Bonaire). When we first got to the Zion there was a huge bait ball with a couple of groupers posing for the photographers. We hung out at the Zion for 5 to 10 minutes then left for the Bonaire. We skipped over the Miss Jenny, and finally made it to the Bonaire (Thanks to Cameron, I almost got us lost lol). There were tons and tons of grouper in the ship, outside on the sides, out in the sand. They were everywhere, I didn't know where to go first. I got some really good shots of one by the bow with photographer Richard Apple. The grouper came right in between us, laid in the sand and then just hung out while Richard was petting it. It was amazing. Our second dive was at a spot called the MG-111. This time I just hung out in the pillars and herded them around. Basically laying the sand the whole time. Great day of diving. All filmed with My GoPro HD and Blurfix flat lens.

[video=youtube;Snf3JWG_vVM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snf3JWG_vVM[/video]

I wrote on another topic, but here would be more appropriate.

Those dives in Jupiter on the Wreck Train are usually 80+ ft, aren't they? It seems that the filter is doing more harm than helping, as there is little light left and your GoPro is bumping the ISO up, thus the murky look and grayish tint. At those depths, some diffused/wide video lights is what left to do to bring color back.

Cool videos thought. I will be in Florida for thanksgiving and I'm hoping these goliath grouper aggregations are still around.

ps. the Fat Freddy's Drop soundtrack on the other video rocks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom