Good start to a 2 week visit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two great dives this morning in Boynton Beach with Underwater Explorers. 1st dive on the Castor, moderate North current, 81 degrees, 60-70 feet vis. Many of the resident Goliath Grouper were home as well as bait fish and hunters. Second dive on beautiful Black Condo, reef was covered in the usual reef fish. Temp and vis about the same as the Castor, perhaps a little less vis.

Another couple dives in Boynton Beach tomorrow, these with both my son and daughter, yay

Spent the last 2 days diving with Underwater Explorers in Boynton Beach. Dived with both my son and my daughter on Sunday, 1st time in 2 years. Did Delray Ledges and Gazezo/Castle Ledge. 81 degrees and 60+ feet visibility. Today did an outside reef at Sharkies Ledge and then Tabletops. There was a mild South current, did Tabletops from the small island, over the jump, the down the peninsula, this was a gorgeous dive. Again, 81 degrees with 60-70 foot vis. Lots of Loggerheads and Nurse Sharks, several Goliath Groups, gobs of all the usual reef fish. This is a great place to live

2 more days in Boynton Beach, went out with Loggerhead on Tuesday. Did 2 dives from the outside reef to the inside. Many Nurse Sharks and Loggerheads. 81 degree temp, 60+ feet vis. Today did AM dives with Starfish, Delray Ledges and Black Condo outside to inside. 79-81 degrees, 60-70 ft viz. Many Loggerhead, a Hawksbill, Nurse Sharks, a Goldentail Moray, and the usual reef fish. Went out with Underwater Explorers in the afternoon. Fantastic dives at Clubhouse and then Black Condo. Loggerheads, Nurse Sharks, Southern Ray, Spotted Moray, Sharptail Eel, and all the usual reef fish the Boynton Reef is famous for. A great day to be out diving.

Finished off this visit with 12 more dives out of Boynton Beach with Underwater Explorers, Starfish, and Loggerhead. Water continues at about 80 degrees, visibility decreased a bit from 60-70 feet to about 40-50 feet. Current has been schizophrenic, sometimes North, sometimes South, never brisk. Hit some great sites like 007, Table Tops, Sharkies Ledge, Black Condo, 75, and Delray Ledges. There are lots of Loggerheads around now and many Nurse Sharks. The usual reef fish are out in numbers. Got in 31 dives in 12 days, I'm a lucky man. Back to Basel, looking forward to my next visit

Great report !!

always a pleasure to hear a diver diving...glad to read you had a great trip.

Finished off this visit with 12 more dives out of Boynton Beach with Underwater Explorers, Starfish, and Loggerhead. Water continues at about 80 degrees, visibility decreased a bit from 60-70 feet to about 40-50 feet. Current has been schizophrenic, sometimes North, sometimes South, never brisk. Hit some great sites like 007, Table Tops, Sharkies Ledge, Black Condo, 75, and Delray Ledges. There are lots of Loggerheads around now and many Nurse Sharks. The usual reef fish are out in numbers. Got in 31 dives in 12 days, I'm a lucky man. Back to Basel, looking forward to my next visit
I wish I had your dive budget!

I wish I had your dive budget!

Like I said, I'm a lucky man. I have a home just North of Boynton Beach. It's considerably less expensive for me to come down for a couple of weeks compared to going on vacation somewhere in the Caribbean. I would argue, in many ways, the diving is as good or better.

Like I said, I'm a lucky man. I have a home just North of Boynton Beach. It's considerably less expensive for me to come down for a couple of weeks compared to going on vacation somewhere in the Caribbean. I would argue, in many ways, the diving is as good or better.
I'm a regular visitor to Palm Beach where I have family to host me on my diving excursions. 30+ dives is still a pretty pricey, but I'd rather spend the money on dive charters than on lodging. I agree with you on the diving, from Jupiter down to Islamorada, it is all pretty darn good.

I'm a regular visitor to Palm Beach where I have family to host me on my diving excursions. 30+ dives is still a pretty pricey, but I'd rather spend the money on dive charters than on lodging. I agree with you on the diving, from Jupiter down to Islamorada, it is all pretty darn good.

That's why I chose to live here, 3 miles to Boynton Beach, 15 miles to the BHB and West Palm, and 30 miles to Jupiter. That covers the vast majority of my diving here.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom