good news for PST?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevenq99:
Manufacturing in the Milwaukee area has taken a big hit. Hopefully most of the jobs will stay. Once they get going full steam possibly the price for steel tanks will come down.
Maybe the price of gas will drop too :)

I have 4 of the PST's. Good tanks.

Yeah, I was surprised to find out that I work next door to PST - their current facility is _huge_ for what I believe they produce. The foundry smells hot maybe once every week or two, but I might only be catching a whiff of the galvanizing process. Glad to hear they found a buyer - I'd really rather _start_ with steel, and it'd be nice to buy local if possible.

pfriedel:
it'd be nice to buy local if possible.

Do they have a factory outlet where they sell seconds cheap? :)

Pete

spectrum:

Pete

Y'know, I kept meaning to drive around their block looking to see if they have a factory store, but never got around to it. Probably a moot point now. :)

From PST:

PST Cylinders, LLC
1445 S. 66 Street
Milwaukee, WI 53214
Phone: (414) 476-0500
Fax: (414) 476-9881

News Release

PST Cylinders, LLC Purchases Pressed Steel Tank Company

New Company Will Continue to Produce Scuba Diving Cylinders

Milwaukee, April 6, 2006

Following Pressed Steel Tank Co., Inc.’s (PST) receivership filing earlier this year, PST Cylinders, LLC purchased the company on March 31st, 2006 and is in the process of reorganizing.

We are pleased to announce that PST Cylinders will continue to produce scuba diving cylinders.

Since 1902, PST has been recognized for innovative cylinder design, quality and safety. PST Cylinders is committed to ensuring the same high quality of their scuba tanks for many years ahead. The changes we are making today will result in greater product availability, a long- overdue plant relocation and manufacturing improvements, and better customer service.

Frequent updates concerning product availability and PST Cylinders’ new location will be posted to our web site’s "Latest News" page, www.pstscuba.com.

Thank you for the ongoing opportunity to supply you with our dive cylinder products. We value your business, and appreciate your patience and product loyalty.

BTW, in a recent e-mail you guys were referred to as savvy and they referrenced this thread! :D

The LDS in the area got a fresh supply in January. Don't understand the shipping delays unless they were only shipping in the state.

spectrum:

Pete
Would you really want a factory second? That's like getting factory second brakes. Or factory second jet engines. Just a little on the scary side for me.

Now, if they had a "we don't need to ship, so save $$$ here" store... then I'd be in if I was there. :)

All good, glad to hear it and all that. BUT,, im a little pissed at their attitude towards divers as a whole, their prices were rediculous, and their delivery worse. That's what happens when you hold all the cards. Not 3 weeks ago I bought 2 Worthington
HP 119's for 269.95 each. Two of them, shipped were 594.85 and I had them in two days. If you look on the site now, they are 329.95 each, I should have ordered more. Looks like game on again, I only hope that PST or whoever buy's them will work a little harder to step up supply's to dive shops. And that Worthington wont scale down. It was painfully obvious that they did'nt like the news that PST may make it afterall, and their trying to catch up on profits now. What other reason for a 60 dollar hike overnight. Too bad we all loose.

We (Sea Pearls) raised our price $10 on Worthington 130's. We have NOT changed prices on any of the other HP cylinders and are maintaining our pricing for the balance of the season. We are not trying to take advantage of the current situation.

Lee
www.seapearls.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom