good news for PST?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the news flash. I saw you post last night and said,"that's good news". I hope it all comes together. I like the product and competition is a good thing.

What really surprised me is that there were so many more posts about them being in a death spiral.

Pete

spectrum:
Thanks for the news flash. I saw you post last night and said,"that's good news". I hope it all comes together. I like the product and competition is a good thing.

What really surprised me is that there were so many more posts about them being in a death spiral.

Pete
Its probably because they were in a death spiral. And they aren't necessarily out of it yet. One can hope for the best.

Jim

SCUBA tanks were just a portion of their product line. They produced them in production lots only part of the year because they had to retool for SCUBA cylinders.

Remains to be seen how they are going to lean out their product line to fit the smaller planned production facility. Keeping fingers crossed that SCUBA cylinders stay in their production and marketing plans.

Interesting that the CEO (Darling) is part of the team that is buying the business. That could bode well for the future.

Manufacturing in the Milwaukee area has taken a big hit. Hopefully most of the jobs will stay. Once they get going full steam possibly the price for steel tanks will come down.

stevenq99:
Manufacturing in the Milwaukee area has taken a big hit. Hopefully most of the jobs will stay. Once they get going full steam possibly the price for steel tanks will come down.

That's our hope. Worthington raised their price almost $100 for 130CF after PST in trouble.... The fair competition is always good for the customers.:wink:

jepuskar:
They best be ok...I just bought two of their tanks. :)

Do you have them? or are they ordered?

My son has been waiting since last summer for his ordered PST tanks. First they were coming in October, then PST said January, now they say July!! He just changed the order to Worthingtons, which he will have in a week!!

Tavi:
My son has been waiting since last summer for his ordered PST tanks. First they were coming in October, then PST said January, now they say July!! He just changed the order to Worthingtons, which he will have in a week!!

Ordered my 2 PST E7-100s July 3rd, 2004...took delivery May 23rd, 2005....nuff said.

Worthington hadn't rolled into full production back then. Smart move Tavi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom