good news for PST?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CompuDude:
As a fellow new tank buyer, I recommend the route I am about to (try to) take: Buy used. See my thread from a couple days ago. There's a big scuba swap meet in my area this weekend... wish me luck! I'm hoping to find a matched pair of HP100's (going doubles ... eventually), and buy them used for around the same price as one new one. That way I don't have to worry about finding an identical mate for the one new one I can afford now, later down the line, no matter what happens to the manufacturer.

And fortunately, a properly maintained steel tank should last a looong time, so even if the manufacturer goes belly up, who cares? It's not like tanks have parts. (Aside from the valve which you can get anywhere.)

However, if PST goes under and the exemption is not renewed, from what i understand w/o valid exemption on file, they cannot be hydro tested.
and no hydro means no fill.

DEEPLOU:
However, if PST goes under and the exemption is not renewed, from what i understand w/o valid exemption on file, they cannot be hydro tested.
and no hydro means no fill.

The exemption issue has been coverd here many times. You can renew it individually.:wink:

In addition, as long as PST plans to survive and keep their own market in future, I am sure they will renew the exemption.

BTW, some Worthington HP tanks are backordered at this moment.

hoosier:
The exemption issue has been coverd here many times. You can renew it individually.:wink:

In addition, as long as PST plans to survive and keep their own market in future, I am sure they will renew the exemption.

BTW, some Worthington HP tanks are backordered at this moment.

Why not call PST and ask them? My understanding is the E-9791 exemption cannot be transferred to the new company and PST Cylinders must re-apply for their own exemption if they are going to make 3442 cyylinders.

BTW, some Worthington HP tanks are backordered at this moment.[/QUOTE]

A note to let everyone know Sea Pearls has most Worthington tanks in stock-we are back ordered until May 1 on 119 and 130 CF high pressure cylinders. We received a shipment this week and sold out within 2 days!

Lee
www.seapearls.com

royalediver:
Why not call PST and ask them? My understanding is the E-9791 exemption cannot be transferred to the new company and PST Cylinders must re-apply for their own exemption if they are going to make 3442 cyylinders.

I don't know any policy and rule about transferring the exmeption to the new company. Only I know is we can renew the exemption individually even though the company disappears.. :D

As for the transferring the exemption, why do you think that the new ownership of PST won't renew or re-apply the exemption? I am wondering if the company name has been changed? IMHO, as long as they keep the same company name and business, the ownership doesn't matter with the products and items that has been made before. For example, the changed ownership of Chrysler void the warranty of your car? Am I wrong? It might be... But, I can't find any reason that PST won't do it.....

Lee, thanks for your info. My HP tanks are backordered. I hope I can get it by then likw you said...:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom