Good diving watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sepandee

Contributor
Reaction score
I want to buy a nice diving watch (not a computer), one which also looks nice enough that I can wear with casual dress, suits, etc. I'll be using it on the shore most of the year, and perhaps 10-20 dives per year, so I'm looking for something that's more of a watch than a diving watch.

I really like those tissot t-touch watches, but apparently they're not made for diving. The tissot 1000 looks cool too, but it had a few bad reviews.

Any suggestions?

Hammerhead Freestyle, love mine

I love my St. Moritz transformer, its a super thin Ti case, good to 200m(I haven't tested that part:))
nice leather w/kevlar inner band.
rotating bezel with glow in the dark dot on it at 12 oclock so its still functional in the dark.
if I had to do it again I'd get one with the big numbers, mine doesn't have any and it can be tricky to read at night when its not on your wrist.
Solar powered, 20year battery minimum.
great company, they have something kinda like parts for life, only you pay shipping to vancouver, they service it, and return it free.

Dive watches are usually not made with all those things. Not necessary for diving and too much to go wrong. Citizen hyper aqualand is about as gimmicked up as I'd want to get on a watch for daily wear and diving. Why would you want a barometer on a dive watch?

Submariner or Sea Dweller. Timeless chronometer. A bit expensive but you will never buy another timepiece again (you will never again be satisfied with anything less). Comex, Bond, and Mike Nelson knew a good thing.

If you want a good dive watch, Seikos rock.

Take a look at Reactor watches. Great watches at a decent price!

Back
Top Bottom