Good diving and nightlife near Manila?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am pleased to say that the locals (including the ladies) tend to leave foreign tourists alone in Cebu and Bohol. Terrorism is not likely to be an issue. The ASEAN summit in Cebu have gone well so far. And the diving there is always good.

The friendly local people in Alona Beach are not very pushy , except for the "ladies" at the Powder Keg.

No worries...divers need three things....diving, diving, and diving....everything else is nuisance.

rexman24:
been checking Cebu and Bohol and they look pretty good
I thought getting that far away from Manila might be a budget problem, but then found 68$ RT flights Manila to Cebu city!
Any issues with terrorism being that far south?

Don't worry, I've been there (Cebu) many times. For the Philippines it isn't THAT far south. Mindinao is the SOUTHERN island and even that one is fine to visit in the right areas. Cebu is the right place to go for more diving and don't forget about the Southern Leyte, Bohol and Dumaguete, Negros area (Apo Island). Lots of sites to choose from.

You guys are flirting with disaster with those comments.....PG is good to go.....don't worry about those beautiful clams!

Back
Top Bottom