Goin Diving again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar:
you kidding!?!?!? for 53F?!?!?! ha!

now, if you're setting up a texas-sized bbq and flowing the beer taps THEN you've got takers...

53F... nuts... the only fish you'll see there are frozen fish steaks that aren't even ready for the grill (gotta thaw them out and rub em with spices.... mmmmmmmm)

Jag
:lol: You're on :D . But we'll have to invite subzero from Texas. Now, those Texans know how to BBQ (alway pigged out when I was in texas). As for the beer, kegs galore although bourbon would probably be better for post dive warming up :D .

Mike Veitch:
53F?!!?! That is just sooooooooo wrong!
You PPDers are sissies :D At least midwest gets to dive in 53F water with 20+ viz. I on the other hand, have to contend with 53F water with less than 5 ft viz.

@midwestdvr, when I first got my 7mm wetsuit and 5mm hooded vest, I had to put 25 lbs just to sink. Give it a few more dives and you should be able get it down to 8 lbs. BTW, I would recommend you get a 5mm hooded vest - makes a world of difference.

midwestdvr:
:lol: You're on :D . But we'll have to invite subzero from Texas. Now, those Texans know how to BBQ (alway pigged out when I was in texas). As for the beer, kegs galore although bourbon would probably be better for post dive warming up :D .
Beef briskets + ice cold beer = Nirvana. Just say where and when :D

clgsamson:
FYI - Diving again on Feb 4-5 in Anilao.

Ah shucks, just when I'm leaving... would love to join but got to fly out early morning on Feb 5 so no diving for me on Feb 4. Have fun!

subzero:
You PPDers are sissies :D At least midwest gets to dive in 53F water with 20+ viz. I on the other hand, have to contend with 53F water with less than 5 ft viz.

@midwestdvr, when I first got my 7mm wetsuit and 5mm hooded vest, I had to put 25 lbs just to sink. Give it a few more dives and you should be able get it down to 8 lbs. BTW, I would recommend you get a 5mm hooded vest - makes a world of difference.

Dude, I'm use 5mm long johns and a 5mm jacket. The guide at subic insisted I use 12lbs only, down 8lbs from my usual 20lbs. Guess, what, I couldn't descend at all. He had to signal the boat to come back(I know, kinda freaky that they leave us in the middle of nowhere to watch over a group of techies do a wreck, what if there's an emergency? But that's another story). I ended up using 16lbs, I still have to swim down though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom