Goin Diving again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov:
yeah wrong. it was 79 F here
yea it was 27C here the other day, i froze my butt off on the second dive in my 5mm

alright guys. enough with your p*ss warm water. beggars can't be choosers and I had to dive in whatever water temp was available. beats sitting in front of the tube doing nothing. :D

Mike, if you're cold in 5 mil suit in that kind of water temp, you're going to have to dive dry in the waters up here

ok ok

from 78 to 81 F depending on the time of day....

grrrr.... i just gave the lowest temp ...... hehehehhehehe

midwestdvr:
alright guys. enough with your p*ss warm water. beggars can't be choosers and I had to dive in whatever water temp was available. beats sitting in front of the tube doing nothing. :D

Mike, if you're cold in 5 mil suit in that kind of water temp, you're going to have to dive dry in the waters up here

i'll wear a sweatshirt under the dry suit hehehe

paolov:
ok ok

from 78 to 81 F depending on the time of day....

grrrr.... i just gave the lowest temp ...... hehehehhehehe
Actually, diving in that cold water makes me want to plan a warm water vacation. Maybe back to coz (been 2 years since I've been there) or that Bonaire trip that Natasha from this board is organizing.

Mike Veitch:
53F?!!?! That is just sooooooooo wrong!

LOL, I did a 1hr dive in about 64F (18C) just before christmas with my local dive club. Only had a 4mm with a 3mil vested hood. It was so windy during the SI, that I called it quits for the day after 1 dive... brrr... After that chilling experience, I found the waters in Thailand so warm the following week that I was switching between a 2mm shorty and just a rashguard in 28C...

my drysuit has been hanging in my parents garage in Vancouver since 99, i look at it occasionnally when i am there.....but only look at it... :wink:

midwestdvr:
Korek!!!! I was bouncing up and down on the bottom on my first dive. Too much weight and just couldn't get my bouyancy down. Used 24 pounds on the 2nd dive and was much better. Oh, BTW, the water was a lukewarm 53F. C'mon down here PPDers :D

PS. The BP/W rocked!!!!!
you kidding!?!?!? for 53F?!?!?! ha!

now, if you're setting up a texas-sized bbq and flowing the beer taps THEN you've got takers...

53F... nuts... the only fish you'll see there are frozen fish steaks that aren't even ready for the grill (gotta thaw them out and rub em with spices.... mmmmmmmm)

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom