GLWC Summer '05 Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy43068:
to show her who wears the pants in the family. Show her who's boss. Tell her that you're the man of the house! You're setting a bad example for the rest of the men here. Show her that you are not P**** whipped!

<snikering>

Riiiiiiiigght!

I'm guessing you're wife isn't sitting over your shoulder as you typed that! :wink:

A bit more information and another view:

wb416:
Gilboa:
More shade; brand new docks/walk-ways; avid supporter of the dive community; continuous quarry facility upgrades; meticulous sign-in procedure

True. & they all support the dive community very well. Not all that stringent sign-in procedure. I always sign in but I HATE the wristbands and take them off within an hour. Not once I have I been asked where is it and I've been there at least 7 days so far this year.

wb416:
Portage:
?? entrances; ?? sign-in

Several entrances all easy access. I haven't seen it but I understand they added stairs at the far end of the quarry where you used to (easily) climb up the rock. Adding full hookups to 10 of their campsites. Last I heard from Jeff is that it would be done late Summer. You can't drive in without first signing in / waivers, etc. They sign up as you sit in your car and you can download the waiver from home to have it already filled out.

wb416:
Whitestar:
Easy sign-in policy (honor system); easy entrances; simple no-hassle diving

Easy entrances made easier this year by the addition of a very sturdy metal ladder at the deep entrance. My only negative is that camping is across the street in a separate park. Also, alcohol is prohibited in all areas of the park. (Not that I haven't stretched that rule.)

Paula

RPanick:
BTW, just because the U of M game is away, doesn't mean that it can't be watched. Fortunately I have a HiDef DVR now so I can watch it and still go diving.

Bob.

Can I be your friend?!? :eyebrow:

Provided I still live in the area come September - count me in... My vote is for a place friendly to camping.

Only been to Whitestar once - so I'd be willing to give it a try.

This is going to be another monster thread...

Go big or don't go at all! :)

joedelt:
where you looking to relocate to? did i miss a thread?

Apartment Bldg is going condo, lease is up the end of August, so I hafta move. Job lets me do the virtual office thing - so I may end up in Boca, the suburbs of Chicago, Seattle, or maybe even someplace in Michigan. Only requirements cheap cost of living & close to active diving.

Awww gee guys and gals did you miss me??
Hmmmm going to make this one as well hopefully, I might be in NC at the time. I will however, be with the GLWC anytime.

Special Note: Bring Big Non Michigan Bottles!

Joe II

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom