GLWC Summer '05 Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy43068:
Portage:
Bigger quarry- no showers- poor restroom facilities-larger camping area

Gilboa:
Smaller deeper quarry- has hot showers- good restrooms

Either one works for me, too.

Gilboa:
More shade; brand new docks/walk-ways; avid supporter of the dive community; continuous quarry facility upgrades; meticulous sign-in procedure

Portage:
?? entrances; ?? sign-in

Whitestar:
Easy sign-in policy (honor system); easy entrances; simple no-hassle diving

We were sitting around eating breakfast this morning in Monroe trying to decide between Whitestar and Gilboa. We chose Whitestar because we weren't sure the docks were up and working yet. Last time we were there earlier this year only one dock was up, and on that only one set of stairs into the water was functional.

Normally this wouldn't be a big issue, but one of our divers is just now getting back into diving after some surgery and we wanted to take it easy on him.

BTW, the minature fresh water lobsters (sounds better than Crayfish) were out in force at Whitestar. We must have seen hundreds, they were everywhere. However, the only fish we saw other than a catfish were at the entry point. Biggest was maybe a six inch perch.

BTW, just because the U of M game is away, doesn't mean that it can't be watched. Fortunately I have a HiDef DVR now so I can watch it and still go diving.

Bob.

RPanick:
We were sitting around eating breakfast this morning in Monroe trying to decide between Whitestar and Gilboa. We chose Whitestar because we weren't sure the docks were up and working yet. Last time we were there earlier this year only one dock was up, and on that only one set of stairs into the water was functional.

Normally this wouldn't be a big issue, but one of our divers is just now getting back into diving after some surgery and we wanted to take it easy on him.

BTW, the minature fresh water lobsters (sounds better than Crayfish) were out in force at Whitestar. We must have seen hundreds, they were everywhere. However, the only fish we saw other than a catfish were at the entry point. Biggest was maybe a six inch perch.

BTW, just because the U of M game is away, doesn't mean that it can't be watched. Fortunately I have a HiDef DVR now so I can watch it and still go diving.

Bob.

It's hard to beat the simplicity of Whitestar. The Sandusky County Parks & Rec Dept does a good job of not complicating things. Not to mention, I like how they use my county tax money.

Me too. I can make it. I probably won't camp if it's at Portage or whitestar but any of the quarries is OK with me.

I tend to favor Gilboa because it's set up really well for camping. Diving is good, too.

i'd like to do this but jenny cant go that weekend she already has a commitment. not sure if she'll let me go for the whole weekend without her now that you guys put on such a good show last time :)

to show her who wears the pants in the family. Show her who's boss. Tell her that you're the man of the house! You're setting a bad example for the rest of the men here. Show her that you are not P**** whipped!

<snikering>

joedelt:
i'd like to do this but jenny cant go that weekend she already has a commitment. not sure if she'll let me go for the whole weekend without her now that you guys put on such a good show last time :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom