Glwc Mini Meet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtxl1200:
Are some of you still planning on staying past 5:00pm so I still know if I need to drive down after work or not???
Pack the tanks and drive yourself down there. I will be staying for the day and doing at least one night dive with you. Big T mentions setting up camp for the day and we wouldn't do that unless we were planning on hanging for a while. Sounds like we may have some food there as well, if it ain't raining I would suspect a camp fire as well. I will have my portable grill with me so if we need to do any cooking we should be covered.

Mitten Diver

OK, I'm officially changing my status to "hoping to drive to Gilboa" as the car broke down this morning. I was already skipping my kids's swim meet to dive so if repairs can't be made today or Friday, I'll unfortunately have to skip it.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

-Rob

rab:
I haven't chimed in yet (except in a PM to Big-T), but I'll be looking for you up there. Like Tony, I'll be diving wet. I'll be completely on the shallow side however.

I'll see you there.

-Rob

Hey now...I just mentioned settuing up camp as a way of saying "meeting area". I'm betting we'll probably be there around 10ish and we'll stick around for a late dive. I would like to leave no later than 6:30 however.

I'm thinking that I may put together a pot of chili to bring along, to help everyone keep warm between dives. Let me talk to the boss lady and see if she will pick up some 'fixins' for me on her day off today.

I'll bring the camp stove too, so I can heat it up on the site. That'll allow us to heat water for coffee and such too. Too bad we don't have an awning to keep the rain/snow off us (hint, hint, hint) as I'd bring one if I had one.....

I have to work Sunday afternoon, but I am still clear for Saturday. I will plan to be at the quarry about ten.

As to deep side divers, who all is on that list? As a hint, the one site mentioned is more easily hit from the plane dock while I still haven't seen the boat down by the deep dock. If I go to that side, an hour and half surface interval is my normal rule.

BTW, I still plan to do a night dive if the weather isn't too shabby. I will just have to drive home after we are done for the day. I had orginally planned on staying for Sunday.

All of the other plans sound great! See you all there.

With any luck, the current forecast will hold for the weekend.

Sunny, 54 degrees, 20% chance of precip, a low of 40

Just an FYI, I was up there yesterday (11/3/04) and they picked up the porta potties. Not sure if they intend to clean them and bring them back or if they were being picked up for the winter--that seems odd though.
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
Just an FYI, I was up there yesterday (11/3/04) and they picked up the porta potties. Not sure if they intend to clean them and bring them back or if they were being picked up for the winter--that seems odd though.
Ber :lilbunny:

We're GUYS. Don't need a porta-potty, only a tree.....
:wink:

frankenmuth_tom:
We're GUYS. Don't need a porta-potty, only a tree.....
:wink:

Ya know Tom, if you move to Fla your gonna have to amend your actions a little. I hear they don't take kindly to our Michiganian, backwoods ways. :wink:

One of these days i'm gonna hook up with you folks for a dive. I'll be at the MSU game Saturday. Anyone going is welcome to our tailgate, lot T-79, by the MSC stack.

I feel sorry for the Buckeyes already!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom