Glwc Mini Meet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halloween is done, Gilboa diving is THIS NEXT SATURDAY. Dave and I will be leaving Flint area around 7am, will be down to Gilboa by midmorning. Haven't been in the water since our poor diving experience at the tip of the thumb a few weeks ago. Look forward to some good quality diving with good vis.

Hope to see you all there! Pray for warm sunny weather....

Planning on making the trip up from the Dayton area. Hopefully the sign will be on display prior to being passed!

So did we decide on a place to meet (other than Gilboa for you wise arses out there), or are we just going to 'wing' it.

Big-t-2538:
So did we decide on a place to meet (other than Gilboa for you wise arses out there), or are we just going to 'wing' it.
T-

I was thinking somewhere down by the plane dock since most of the group will be in the shallows, but I am open to direction.

Mitten Diver

...I'll try to remember to bring the SIGN, so the rest of you can find us! Dave and I will be in my midnight blue Bonneville and should be there around 9:30-10:00 or so.....

Look forward to seeing some of you folks again.

Yup,
Tom, I and Brian plan on doing an initial deep dive up by the office.

After that we will migrate back around by the last dock and look for the rest of the crew. Tom and I are both bringing 3 tanks and we hope to use em all. :)

Safe diving all,

I haven't chimed in yet (except in a PM to Big-T), but I'll be looking for you up there. Like Tony, I'll be diving wet. I'll be completely on the shallow side however.

I'll see you there.

-Rob

Mitten Diver:
T-

I was thinking somewhere down by the plane dock since most of the group will be in the shallows, but I am open to direction.

Mitten Diver
That's cool with me, besides, I like setting up 'camp' on that end of the quarry anyway.

We can still enter on the plane dock (I think...and we weren't told otherwise) if you remember your giant strides....but you'll have to exit at dock 4.

Just some cold water wetsuit diving tips:
1 - bring some jugs of warm water
2 - bring plenty of dry clothing and extra towels (if you own a parka bring it)
3 - drink lots of water
4 - bring food that will not only suffice for nutrition, but keep you warm to boot
5 - Some sort of wind breaker

The water isn't going to be your nemesis it will be the Surface Interval that makes cold water wetsuit diving difficult.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom