Glwc Mini Meet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This little dive at Gilboa has started to take on a life of it's own, so I'll move the thread over here and let everyone see it.

Since Dave (Cldwdiver) and I didn't get to Portage for the fall meet and greet, we have decided to make a day trip to Gilboa on Saturday the 6th of November for a bit of cold water diving.

Intending to attend to far are...(updated 10/19)

Me (Frankenmuth_Tom) now well over the hill at 50+ years of age
Cldwdiver (my buddy Dave)
Diverbrian
Mitten Diver
Big-t-2538
and maybe gtlx1200 if GM will let him go....
Divemaster Tim
notso Ken
DMP (Joe)

Brian, Dave and I are planning on filing a deep plan and will make ONE deep dive to the rec diving limit. Brian will be Dive Con on this dive, we will all be carrying full redundant rigs for this dive.

This is NOT intended to be a picnic style gathering, but a chance to get in a late season dive with a bunch of friendlies. Make the trip if you can, and we'll see you there!

Bump......

Just so this stays current.

Looking forward to a great day of diving with friends both old and new.

The more the merrier.... :)

Hey hey hey....this is not going to be cold water diving, it is going to be cold weather diving.

The water up at Gilboa is usually still in the mid to upper 50s on the shallow side in NOV. That's nice and pleasant, but for those of us with wetsuits the surface intervals are what makes diving unfriendly.

Anyway, as for the 6th, I still have to get the kitchen pass, but we have nothing (that I'm aware of) on the schedule for that day.

As for the deep dive thing, I'm not into that jazz right now (need more gear and less kids to afford it), so I'll be cruising the shallows with someone (Cyril counts right?) and all are welcome to join.

Dive Dive Dive......

-T

Big-t-2538:
As for the deep dive thing, I'm not into that jazz right now (need more gear and less kids to afford it), so I'll be cruising the shallows with someone (Cyril counts right?) and all are welcome to join.

Dive Dive Dive......

-T
Hey count me in for some of that shallow stuff. I too have to many pending expenses to keep up with the deep diving equipment junkies. Save me a swim thru on the airplane.

I will be trying to recruit a couple of local yokles as well, may be tuff to rip them away from Jackson for a day. What about you Joe Dirt, I mean Delt you in for some more quarry diving?

Mitten Diver

Since I couldn't make it to the latest Meet and Greet, I am still owed one kitchen pass for the season! (I think, I guess I'd better check on that . . .)

The day trip sounds good to me, and I'll stick to the shallow end, I got to 102 feet up in Lake Huron, close enough to the rec limit for me! :wink:

Ken

I should be able to make it this time.
A deep dive sounds good to me. :confined:

Mitten Diver:
Hey count me in for some of that shallow stuff. I too have to many pending expenses to keep up with the deep diving equipment junkies. Save me a swim thru on the airplane.
2 weekends ago we decided that swimming around under the plane provided some shelter from the crashing students, but inside the plane would be good too I guess.

On a side note, dock 5 (the one closest to the plane) no longer has a useable set of stairs. Mike put in a new dock this year, and someone has torn up the stairs. You can still enter off dock 5, but exit on dock 4 is much easier.

Heck, maybe we could talk Ber into wresting with her Drysuit....errr....I mean...uh, diving that weekend too!!

Hmmm.....maybe someone should bring a pot of chili or something......hmmmm.

I have to work on the 6th but I only have to work 8 hours which means I can be at Gilboa around 5 or so. Since the time change will be an effect by then Night Dive anyone?? I have some new 95's I want to check out before heading off to Florida with them in December.

This time I'm telling the truth. :wink: I plan on bein' there the 6th also. But... if it's snowing I'm ain't showing.

If they ask me to work the 6th, I'm telling them NO! I'm in for the shallow diving. Like many, I cannot afford the 'good stuff' for deep diving. I did, however, try on a tri-lam dry suit the other day. Man I want one..BADLY!

I'm going to try to be at Gilboa the 30th of October as well. Some people from Fort Wayne are supposed to be there to do some pumpkin carving. Hope I can be there both weekends if at all possible.

I can't even drive right now. Don't even remember when my tanks last saw water. Or when I made my last football game. Lots to catch up on sooon!

Paula

Back
Top Bottom