glues for cf200 and tri-lam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattjm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I need to do a number of seal replacements on my own suit and for all my dive buddies that just bought drysuits. I've replaced seals on surface drysuits, so I know it's not rocket science.

We use aquaseal on surface suits (mostly bi/tri-lam), but apparently that's not the ideal glue for diving suits. I've searched a lot of old threads and it sounds like OS Systems PB-300 is a good choice for tri-lam suits, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what's best for a CF200.

My dive shop uses viking two-part glue, but I don't know where to get it. DUI sells "DUI glue" for $22.00 plus hazmat shipping charges. I've seen something called S-18 mentioned and that looks promising (and available locally). I'm hoping I can find an effective glue that can be purchased locally.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on the PB-300 for tri-lams, and if you have any advice on CF200 glue I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Matt

I have been using PB300 on my CF200 for the latex seals and zipper replacements, along with replacing the pee valve and moving my inflater to the chest (EOD suit). The Aquaseal around the outside edges is important to put back on though, because the CF200 material is porous.

For installing pockets neoprene cement works great. Neither of my pockets have even started to peel an edge, and they have a respectable amount of dives on them.

Aquaseal is the primary choice for all cut and wear type repairs to the Turbo Souls etc. I also just reglued the souls back down as they were peeling.

I use the PB300 on my wakeboarding drysuit too.

DUI uses the same DUI Cement for the trilams and the CF200, and the DUI cement is so close to PB300 that it's hard to tell the difference. So we use PB300 and DUI cement pretty much interchangeably, depending on what we can lay our hands on easiest, and I would not hesitate to use it on a CF200.

Viking two-part is great on vulcanized rubber, and good enough all around that a lot of shops that do mostly Viking use it on everything, but it's expensive and has no special advantages on materials other than vulcanized rubber.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll get some PB-300 (thankfully it's available locally from the kayak shops) and go from there.

Thanks!!

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom