Glover liner for drysuit gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dhboner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
On behalf of my son (who complained about cold hands yesterday in 47 degree water while his father was in a wetsuit) does anyone have any suggestions for a glove to wear under dry gloves that is warm but does not compromise dexterity too much.

Thanks

Bob

I just use a polar tech liner I bought at EMS.
Some guys are wearing wool military surplus liners.

I have spent 2 hours at 50 degrees with warm hands using my dry gloves and just those liners. Atlas gloves also come with a lined version.

Yep, EMS glove liners. I prefer polypro for the moisture transporting qualities.

Henrik

The lined version of Atlas gloves suck (the liner is hardly warm, the gloves are overly large, and if/when you flood them, they take forever to dry).

For most dives, I'm also using some polartech liners (REI). For the colder dives, wool is nice.

Roll over to REI/EMS with your dry glove and try on a few pairs till you find something that fits and feels warm enough.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

I use a 2mm neoprene glove as an under liner. Very warm and if I get a leak no biggie.
Good luck,
U/O

Last edited:
I use thin polypro gloves I picked up at REI, but I've heard a number of people swearing by the thin wool army surplus gloves.

Military surplus store wool gloves. About $5 pair. Come in different sizes and are perfect for cold water.

i get what ever poly pro gloves are on sale. any box store or 1$ store will do. in NYC they are on the street for 5$...some are thinner than others for water appropriate coldness. you can get thicker poly pro and bigger gloves etc.

i would not consider just gloves. if its that warm i go without.

hope that helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom