Gloat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loosebits:
I did the same coming out of Peacock... was looking at something else for a few seconds and when I looked back at the reel, it was fouled. Wasn't birds nested but only takes a couple of turns once it's off the reel to leave you with no choice but to cut it or take the spool off. Tried to get it fixed before anyone saw it... wasn't fast enough.

Ear/Eye/Manatee/JB, no problem, 10' in Peacock and I foul it.

Fouling lines is so easy to do...I try to run line drills at least every few dives no matter were I am,,,,but I am guilty of not doing it this winter dive season---hmmmm.....well uless I count a 0 vis dive were I used my spool as a make shift buddy line.

loosebits:
I did the same coming out of Peacock... was looking at something else for a few seconds and when I looked back at the reel, it was fouled. Wasn't birds nested but only takes a couple of turns once it's off the reel to leave you with no choice but to cut it or take the spool off. Tried to get it fixed before anyone saw it... wasn't fast enough.

I wasn't going to mention this :D

Orange Grove, rock, black... need I say more?

loosebits:

Ask Kris to tell you the story of him impersonating a flying kite?
There we were sitting at the surface at the Ballroom and here comes Kris and his group. Bruce was shaking his head and then the story starts.

Run the reel- right to left- watch for flow in front of the grate. Well, Kris was doing awesome and then swims out in to the flow and is blown out into the cavern holding the reel. It was described and a flying kite or cavern kite- talk about laugh!

This was my first time to see a Megladone rebreather too.

Awesome trip.

loosebits:

Sounds like a DR reel? I hate reels where the spool is close to the frame and if the line drifts in that area you have major Problems. Speaking of reels and spools. If I am being to foward please exuse me. When you go back to do Appt/ full cave carry a back up saftey. A spool with (125') in your DS pocket is great. If your saftey was hanging on you my instr. would snatch your saftey without you knowing it and then come up and ask you to do a lost off the line drill and when you went to deploy your saftey . I could hear him giggling in the total darkness. You can rest assured that happened only once.

DAve

Thanks for the tip.. I was planning on getting a saftey spool anyway just because trusting my life to something that can jam if you're not paying attention (or you can't see) didn't seem like a good idea. Any other evilness I should look out for?

Andrew, you need to get your butt back there and go full cave expecially since it appear Ginnie isn't allowing intro divers in doubles anymore (probably means no side mount or RB's either so you'll be stuck with an H-valve). Please, no comments about the new Ginnie policy, there are already two monster threads out there.

loosebits:
Thanks for the tip.. I was planning on getting a saftey spool anyway just because trusting my life to something that can jam if you're not paying attention (or you can't see) didn't seem like a good idea. Any other evilness I should look out for?

One bit of thoughts on your new safety spool,,,,get one with the larger center finger hole...really pays off for handling in heavy 'wet or dry' gloves.

texdiveguy:
One bit of thoughts on your new safety spool,,,,get one with the larger center finger hole...really pays off for handling in heavy 'wet or dry' gloves.

Don't need gloves in that warm spring water :)

FIXXERVI6:
Don't need gloves in that warm spring water :)

Yea,,I forgot you guys are 'warm' water only divers....what was I thinking! :)

Back
Top Bottom