Gloat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My 21 watt Salvo HID just showed up, I wonder if my wife will get jelous if I sleep with it?

FIXXERVI6:
My 21 watt Salvo HID just showed up, I wonder if my wife will get jelous if I sleep with it?

No but your crew member going with you to JB wil be, if his does not show up in time. You guys have a great and safe trip to Marianna.

Dave

FIXXERVI6:
Hey is there going to be any issue at JB with Intro/doubles? The decostop is saying the public sites are following Ginne springs policy.

Dave

Very nice!$! :)

Teknadv3x:
Hey is there going to be any issue at JB with Intro/doubles? The decostop is saying the public sites are following Ginne springs policy.

Dave

I doubt it, unless the sherrif comes out and looks at the tanks in the truck. Maybe we'll bring some singles just in case (just for show). Glad my next trip to Ginnie will be for full cave, no longer an issue.

You know, maybe this whole thing is a conspiracy of out-of-work cave instructors. Hmmmm.

Teknadv3x:
No but your crew member going with you to JB wil be, if his does not show up in time. You guys have a great and safe trip to Marianna.

Dave
It was fixer's we were worried about, I've already slept with mine and I didn't have to buy it dinner first.

Rick took some photos of a Sartek 10 & 18 compared with the Salvo 21.

Ginnie policy... awwwww man that bites, we'll have to find a way to hide the doubles and that means I have to carry "show tanks", that will be a challenge.

Wait man, we can just go get a waiver thingy signed that we can dive doubles from our instructor right?

Depending on your Apprentice Instructor- I am sure there is no reason they would not sign off on the card. The more current experience you have the better before class. I bet you get the 1/6 speech. :0)

Besides, there is nothing saying that you are not practicing valve drills, tying in the line, or practicing just swimming into the flow at the front of the cavern.
I remember when I bird nested a reel at Peacock Springs- That was a little embarrassing. I knew that it was taking too long and then the next thing I know I looked down and cave line was just a mess. Bruce calmly handed me another reel and smiled.
I have to say that I have not fouled a reel on the way out – yet.

Be safe- light up the cave and have fun.

Andrew

I did the same coming out of Peacock... was looking at something else for a few seconds and when I looked back at the reel, it was fouled. Wasn't birds nested but only takes a couple of turns once it's off the reel to leave you with no choice but to cut it or take the spool off. Tried to get it fixed before anyone saw it... wasn't fast enough.

Ear/Eye/Manatee/JB, no problem, 10' in Peacock and I foul it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom