Give me your opinion on these regs - Zeagle vs. Aqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaydub

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok I am tired of using rental gear and figured I should buy some gear of my own for my diving adventures. I would like your opinion on these two regs. I dive strictly warm water but that might all change soon and do not dive all too often, mainly when on vacation. Which one would you buy and why?

Aqualung legend supreme vs. Zeagle envoy deluxe

Both are nice regs (and have Apeks genes in them, I think) - I'd go with the Zeagle just for the price (around $250 lower than the Legend? My price list is rather out of date...). The Legend Supreme is a top of the line reg with cold water features that you may not need if you are thinking of using it just for warm water. I guess buy the one that you can get serviced (by authorized technician) and can find spare parts for in your area.

I agree with Vie about getting the one you can get serviced in your area.

I currently use and love the Aqualung Titan Lx. I live in florida so I don't have to worry about the cold water features. It's a solid compact reg.

I just converted it to DIN since I just bought a steel tank and it works flawlessly. BTW it's a dry reg unlike some regs on the market, so inverting does not cause salt water to come into your mouth.

jaydub:
Ok I am tired of using rental gear and figured I should buy some gear of my own for my diving adventures. I would like your opinion on these two regs. I dive strictly warm water but that might all change soon and do not dive all too often, mainly when on vacation. Which one would you buy and why?

Aqualung legend supreme vs. Zeagle envoy deluxe
Well, with the choices you've narrowed it down to, you can't go wrong. Both are excellent regs. I'm buying a Legend, but the LDS I work at part time is an Aqualung retailer. Go with whatever your LDS supports, you'll get your equipment done locally, by someone you can get to know and trust. That in itself is worth quite a bit.
C-Dawg

I have been diving Titan LX's for about 5 years (about 800 dives). I have 3-- 2 yoke and 1 DIN. During this period I tried a Legend. It was a fine breathing reg, but since I seldom dive deeper than 130 these days, I didn't notice much difference between it and the Titans. The second stages are essentially the same, so they feel the same in my mouth. I probably would really have liked the Legend during my deep diving days, since the overbalancing is supposed to be an advantage at greater depths.
I recently tried an Envoy, and it was a very good breather, but did not feel quite as comfortable as the Titan LX second stage. This is probably because of my experience with the Titans. Service availability is better with AL regs, so that is a point for them. But, I certainly would not feel "undergunned" with an Envoy.

My husband dives with a Legend and I dive with the Envoy....both great regs, you can't go wrong.

Of course my preference is the Zeagle, but that's based on the fact that it tested perfectly on ScubaLab's tests, Zeagle offers amazing customer service, they are made in the USA, and Scott is a frequent contributor to this board. :D

forget buying at the LDS as I went there to inquire about prices on both regs. Answer I got for the aqualung legend supreme $547. Answer I got about zeagle regs "well we are a zeagle dealer but dont cary them because they are not a good quality reg"

Looks like scubatoys will be getting my business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom