Give me your opinion on these regs - Zeagle vs. Aqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouch! I'm not even going to go there! Ummm.. actually I am:

Virtually every Zeagle reg has been awarded Scuba Labs Testers Choice:
http://www.scubadiving.com/scuba/gear/
and they carry a Lifetime Guarantee (BCs also) ZEAGLE is an American family business based in Zephyrhills Florida, U.S.A.:42: that stands behind their products 110% as owner's of ZEAGLE gear can attest. Nuff said

Somehow I'd think that Scott would love to know the name of your LDS that's an authorized dealer but badmouthing the Zeagle brand at the same time.

I think it's really pathetic that your LDS had to say something negative about Zeagle to try to boost their Aqualung sales.

jaydub:
forget buying at the LDS as I went there to inquire about prices on both regs. Answer I got for the aqualung legend supreme $547. Answer I got about zeagle regs "well we are a zeagle dealer but dont cary them because they are not a good quality reg"

Looks like scubatoys will be getting my business.

Forgive me but thats a load of c..p!!! They are both good regs and I like my Legend but dive my Zeagle. Price Im not arguing just the reg quality comment.

jaydub:
forget buying at the LDS ...Answer I got about zeagle regs "well we are a zeagle dealer but dont cary them because they are not a good quality reg"

Indeed. You should cross this over to the thread re 'What would make you spend money at your LDS'...Exactly the sort of rubbish that keeps people shopping online

boxcar:
Indeed. You should cross this over to the thread re 'What would make you spend money at your LDS'...Exactly the sort of rubbish that keeps people shopping online

C'mon you arent lumping ALL LDS's together are you????

boxcar:

Yeah I thought I heard the guy wrong when he quoted the price on the aqualung so I asked him to repeat himself and he said $547. Well holy crap if I didnt drop a little load in my pants, I can order that same reg from scubstore (or have scubatoys price match) for $268

mnj1233:
C'mon you arent lumping ALL LDS's together are you????

No, I'm not. I just pointed out that the post was an example of a 'negative' in terms of whether or not to shop in an LDS. Have a look at the thread I've referred to...regarding what would make you spend money at your LDS...

I think this is it: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=119407

I'm pretty happy with my LDS. I get most of my gear from them, unless its a brand they don't carry OR the price is a lot more. However, if they bad mouthed particular brands in this way or gave answers to my questions that I knew were distorted versions of the truth (or just plain wrong), they wouldn't be getting my business.

jaydub:
forget buying at the LDS as I went there to inquire about prices on both regs. Answer I got for the aqualung legend supreme $547. Answer I got about zeagle regs "well we are a zeagle dealer but dont cary them because they are not a good quality reg"

Why not find another LDS? Dive gear is only part of the equation when selecting a LDS. Experience, service, comraderie, education and airfills are all equally important. Rather than just dumping on this LDS and going online, why not find another shop that you can trust, that will also provide you with all the other things a good LDS can.
Just my 2psi
C-Dawg

boxcar:
No, I'm not. I just pointed out that the post was an example of a 'negative' in terms of whether or not to shop in an LDS. Have a look at the thread I've referred to...regarding what would make you spend money at your LDS...

I think this is it: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=119407

I'm pretty happy with my LDS. I get most of my gear from them, unless its a brand they don't carry OR the price is a lot more. However, if they bad mouthed particular brands in this way or gave answers to my questions that I knew were distorted versions of the truth (or just plain wrong), they wouldn't be getting my business.

I had been on that thread before and I think I may even have posted. I would not shop anywhere that I felt was giving me bad information. I would not however run to an on-line shop unless I exhausted my area LDS's. Just me, to each his own.

jaydub:
Yeah I thought I heard the guy wrong when he quoted the price on the aqualung so I asked him to repeat himself and he said $547. Well holy crap if I didnt drop a little load in my pants, I can order that same reg from scubstore (or have scubatoys price match) for $268

Just FYI- I don't believe that ScubaToys is an Aqualung dealer and even if they are, no authorized Aqualung dealer can deliver a requlator in any other way than face to face. No internet, catalog, mail, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom