Girlie Gook --- what's the best??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Biolage makes a line of products especially for after salt water and sun use, called Sunsorials!

I love this stuff, It includes a shampoo and conditioner but also a protective oil mist.

I always keep this in my dive bag and put it on before I put on my hood and after I'm done to detangle and comb out.

http://matrix.com/products/biolage/sunsorials.aspx

Oooh, mist....I'm going to have to get that! I'm in the pool a lot with students and my stylist said to put a little olive oil in my hair and comb through. I haven't done that yet because I don't want it to look greasy. Thankfully I have short hair.

I've got the scales by my nose right now too! Diving 5 days in a row tends to do that! :D

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Biolage makes a line of products especially for after salt water and sun use, called Sunsorials!

I love this stuff, It includes a shampoo and conditioner but also a protective oil mist.

I always keep this in my dive bag and put it on before I put on my hood and after I'm done to detangle and comb out.

http://matrix.com/products/biolage/sunsorials.aspx

I haven't seen that in my distributor's yet. I wonder if it's a regional thing (being inland and all). But it's a UV protectant too, which we have a lot of around here. I'll take a look. I do use Matrix's Color.Smart line right now. They have an amazing shine gloss which is a UV protectant.

I've used Joico's K-Pak UV in the Bahamas in May. I had *just* had my colour done before I did Blackbeards. I figured a week out on a boat in the middle of the ocean would fry my hair and fade the colour quickly, with the sun and salt water. But I was really surprised how well the colour stayed true especially since I go red, and red fades very quickly.

Speaking of which, I'm gonna be late for my hair appointment if I don't get my butt out of this chair and away from this computer!

Thanks for the great tips so far.

scratchmyback:
I haven't seen that in my distributor's yet. I wonder if it's a regional thing (being inland and all). But it's a UV protectant too, which we have a lot of around here. I'll take a look. I do use Matrix's Color.Smart line right now. They have an amazing shine gloss which is a UV protectant.

I've used Joico's K-Pak UV in the Bahamas in May. I had *just* had my colour done before I did Blackbeards. I figured a week out on a boat in the middle of the ocean would fry my hair and fade the colour quickly, with the sun and salt water. But I was really surprised how well the colour stayed true especially since I go red, and red fades very quickly.

Speaking of which, I'm gonna be late for my hair appointment if I don't get my butt out of this chair and away from this computer!

Thanks for the great tips so far.

It came out last summer...my best friend is a stylist and I always have her pick it up for me at the supply house. I just used the last of mine in CA last month, I need to get some more before I go back in August. I use the shampoo, conditioner and oil mist now. I'm going to have her look for that gel too...Hadn't seen that before!

Ann Marie:
Oooh, mist....I'm going to have to get that! I'm in the pool a lot with students and my stylist said to put a little olive oil in my hair and comb through. I haven't done that yet because I don't want it to look greasy. Thankfully I have short hair.

I've got the scales by my nose right now too! Diving 5 days in a row tends to do that! :D

The oil mist is good stuff Ann Marie!! I had a few girls ask me what it was when I was on the Peace last month. Before I knew it, I was sharing with 1/2 the boat!!

NuSkin used to make a wonderful sunscreen years back. It was not cheap but it felt so luxurious that you loved to keep reapplying it so it really did the job. Then they jumped on the waterproofing bandwagon, changed the formula and made the bottle smaller. New stuff sucked so it ended my love affair with it! Haven't found anything I love as much as that stuff!

In a hot climate, that waterproof stuff bites as you can never get it to penetrate your skin. Two tiny beads of sweat and all it does is slide around the surface of your skin! Plus they feel sticky and yucky!:shakehead

Tell me about this Ocean Potion stuff. Where can I find it? The same with the Chicken Poop?

I need to find a good sunscreen!

MeiLing:
NuSkin used to make a wonderful sunscreen years back. It was not cheap but it felt so luxurious that you loved to keep reapplying it so it really did the job. Then they jumped on the waterproofing bandwagon, changed the formula and made the bottle smaller. New stuff sucked so it ended my love affair with it! Haven't found anything I love as much as that stuff!

In a hot climate, that waterproof stuff bites as you can never get it to penetrate your skin. Two tiny beads of sweat and all it does is slide around the surface of your skin! Plus they feel sticky and yucky!:shakehead

Tell me about this Ocean Potion stuff. Where can I find it? The same with the Chicken Poop?

I need to find a good sunscreen!

Meiling...I always get my Chicken Poop at Walgreens, but just in case, you can order online at www.ilovechickenpoop.com It's $4 for a tube or 18 for a pile of 5!

That just sounds so wrong!!!

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Meiling...I always get my Chicken Poop at Walgreens, but just in case, you can order online at www.ilovechickenpoop.com It's $4 for a tube or 18 for a pile of 5!

That just sounds so wrong!!!
Walgreens is invading here soon. Planning something like 40 stores! So I can get it there. Now I need regular sunscreens! Getting by with Oil of Olay lotion SPF 15 for the face and regular Coppertone SPF 45 for the rest of my body. Would love to find something that had the luxurious feel that the old NuSkin stuff had though! New and improved, usually isn't soo, IMO!:shakehead

I've found Ocean Potion's website. While we don't show up on their zip locator, Walmarts, which we have, do when I use mainland zips. I'll look for it there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom