Girlie Gook --- what's the best??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Frizz-Ease curl activator. When I'm not diving, I straighten my hair, but after a dive , I have to go with flow. I use Rimmel Dare to Bare SPF luminzer on my face because my face is lighter than the rest of me from wearing makeup with a high SPF.

Suzuki Girl - welcome! And your first post is in our thread !!

I see you have your priorities straight :D

Seriously, welcome to the board, don't be afraid to venture into the other forums.

Since I am only a warm water vaction diver, I always rely on a little real sun tan as make-up and have never put any on before or after a dive.

I do have fairly long hair though. My plan for that is to keep it in several pony tail holders down my back, or use a low barrett to keep it in place. Whatever conditioner I have brought on my trip I put in a small spray bottle with water and use it to comb out my hair.

As for the leaky brain matter~~ that part is always a drag. I usually turn my head away from the boat, remove my mask, swipe away the matter, and can climb the ladder..brain matter free. Uggg

Actually all this talk about hair has me thinking. When I'm diving locally it's cold water so I'm always wearing my hood. But I have that horrible medium-length hair, with a tapered cut and bangs. You know, the kind that's too short to pull back in any sort of holder, but long enough that it constantly gets in my eyes if I'm diving down south without a hood.

Short of getting some little beanie thing - can anybody here recommend something that will keep my hair out of my eyes while I'm diving. I've tried fabric headbands (fallen off) bandanas (fallen off) and a a metal hairband that digs into my scalp that works, but is extremely uncomfortable and gives me a headache at the temples, it's so tight.

OK, I have to tell a funny "brain matter" story.

In 2005 I was part of a project that was filmed by a crew from the History Channel. After coming up from one of my first dives on the plane, I was being interviewed on camera. I was sitting on the bench, still in doubles, and had just removed my mask and pushed my hood back. I talked for about 5 minutes, and the producer said "that was great!", reached over, wiped a giant boogie off my face and then said "Now can you say it exactly like that again?"

I was mortified.....

scratchmyback:
Actually all this talk about hair has me thinking. When I'm diving locally it's cold water so I'm always wearing my hood. But I have that horrible medium-length hair, with a tapered cut and bangs. You know, the kind that's too short to pull back in any sort of holder, but long enough that it constantly gets in my eyes if I'm diving down south without a hood.

Short of getting some little beanie thing - can anybody here recommend something that will keep my hair out of my eyes while I'm diving. I've tried fabric headbands (fallen off) bandanas (fallen off) and a a metal hairband that digs into my scalp that works, but is extremely uncomfortable and gives me a headache at the temples, it's so tight.

Lycra hood.

chickdiver:
Lycra hood.

Where can I get this - is this a product specifically for divers? I like the sound of it.

Regarding your previous post - I cannot believe the producer did not say anything to you until after you were done speaking! I would have just crawled away and hid.

scratchmyback:
Where can I get this - is this a product specifically for divers? I like the sound of it.

Regarding your previous post - I cannot believe the producer did not say anything to you until after you were done speaking! I would have just crawled away and hid.
You should be able to find them at most dive shops. It's made by a compnay called Aeroskin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom