Ginnie Springs trip planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking to take a trip down to Ginnie Springs the first weekend in June. I'm NOT cavern or cave certified so was looking to dive some other nearby springs that are open water friendly that I may dive as well.

Also where should I plan to spend the night? Should I camp at Ginnie or do you guys/gals know of a decent hotel/motel to crash at?.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Check out Devil's Den and Blue Grotto (I can't seem to find any home pages at the moment).

Ginnie is a big party spot, if you want to sleep that might not be the best choice. There are several hotels in High Springs, we usually stayed at High Springs Country Inn until some friends of mine moved exactly 5 minutes from Ginnie :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Troy Springs is another option that's only about 35-40 minutes away from Ginnie, and it's only $10 to get in. You'll end up paying $30-40/diver at DD and BG. You can also dive Poe. I haven't been there, but it's cheap, but also shallow and only 5 minutes from Ginnie. Same with Alexander Springs, but about 1/2 hour on the other side of Williston.

I 2nd Ber's suggestion for the High Springs Country Inn.

I didn't know that you can dive Poe Springs. I have snorkeled there some years ago.

If you want to hit some springs about an hour to the north and west of Ginnie Springs, Royal, Telford, and Orange Grove Sink at Peacock Springs State Park would be some reasonably priced options.

scubafool:
I didn't know that you can dive Poe Springs. I have snorkeled there some years ago.

If you want to hit some springs about an hour to the north and west of Ginnie Springs, Royal, Telford, and Orange Grove Sink at Peacock Springs State Park would be some reasonably priced options.

Agreed!!! Since Royal and Telford are free...
Troy and Orange Grove are state parks so they are $10 to dive.

Jeano Beano

Is Telford worth the dive for an OW diver?

I hit Troy and Royal in a single morning and had alot of fun. They are a fairly short drive from Ginnie.

Blue Grotto and Devils Den are a short drive in the opposite direction, both cost a bit of money though...

If you want to drive a bit further, check out Paradise and Alexander - they are both in the Ocala area.

Paradise is an absolutely beautiful dive (visibility allowing), but has no OW area, if that matters to you. OW divers are allowed to dive the cavern, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom