Ginnie Springs - Friday, Nov 11.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OW Ginnie is just the ballroom and a bit of shallow river. Maybe go to Blue Grotto or Devil's Den? They are about 30-40 mins away and have bigger cavern sections....Blue Grotto goes down to 100ft but still is considered cavern, some catfish and a pretty big OW section. Devils Den is dark, lots of swim throughs and averages about 58ft.

If you are going to spend 30bucks on OW spring diving in High Springs area.... Ginnie isnt that much.

Just an idea.

VTernovski:
I am flying out of Philly (direct flights on US Air) for that reason. it's $300. I should have booked airline tickets weeks ago when it was still $200 on Delta direct from NYC.

I have to see what I can come up with. In the meantime, check PMs on NEUE.

Troy Springs is about 30 minutes from Ginnie and is a very nice dive. I've done Ginnie, Troy, and Blue Grotto in the past 3 weeks.

VTernovski:
Can I dive doubles though? I don't own a single-tank wing, so I'll most likely just rent a set of doubles from EE.

Doubles for OW diving at Ginnie will be way overkill. Usually, experienced divers can use 1/3rd of an Al80 for the Ballroom, then use the rest to dive Little Devil's (and yes, there is actually a cave down there), Devil's Eye and Devil's Ear. They're all cool to see, but definitely single tank stuff. Dives are short, too, so wetsuit is fine if that's easier to pack.

DO NOT be tempted to take your light with you for Devil's Eye/Ear. Your armband will identify you to cave divers as a OW diver, and the regulars will take your light from you (the way OW divers flash their lights around the caverns like a tourist give them away, anyway <g>).

I'd loan you my single tank wing and reg, but it's all in storage 30 minutes the wrong way from Florida (I won't have any time when I'm there to dive, myself). To be safe, take your doubles wing, but you should be able to bum a single tank wing from someone there to dive Ginnie. Just start asking as you meet other conference attendees.

Cameron

Vadim,

I dont think I'll be diving that weekend. You can borrow my eclipse if you like.

-Elden

berty:
Vadim,

I dont think I'll be diving that weekend. You can borrow my eclipse if you like.

-Elden

Thanks for lending it to him Elden, I've decided to go after all! (translation - wife said I could. :D)

I got the wing from a friend... ...ughrrr.. I hate diving single tanks... got to change the regs back.. anyhow.. see you Friday!

so, do we go to EE to get the tanks first thing on arrival?

VT,

Trust me - you will like the single tank in the Ballroom. Camreon is right - do not bring your light if you are not cave certified. Head down to the basin, grab a picnic table and enjoy the diving. I am sure you will have a good time.

devil's Den, Blue Grotto are also nice places.

Cave Excursions East is about 2miles from Ginnie. I would look at getting tanks there.

Vadim
When you get there pls say hello from me to my 2 Polish (Wojtek and Dorota) friends who are doing ITC with JJ in Ginnie. They are lovely couple and very good divers.
Thanks a lot
Mania

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom