Ginnie Springs - Friday, Nov 11.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VTernovski

Contributor
Reaction score
I am going to be down there for the GUE conference and was looking to do an OW (non-cave) dive at Ginnie on Friday. Looking for DIR buddy., anyone else is coming and want to dive the basin?

I've never been there before so I don't know my way around (I'll just have a car with Navigation system) nor any logistics invloved. I hear that you are not allowed to bring a light if you are not cave certified? Can I dive doubles though? I don't own a single-tank wing, so I'll most likely just rent a set of doubles from EE.

please let me know if you want to do a dive or two with me.
-Vadim

oh, so I just read that you can enter the Ginnie Ballroom without Cave/Cavern cert? and you CAN bring your light? what's the water temp? should I bring my wetsuit or drysuit?

water temp wil be 72

VTernovski:
oh, so I just read that you can enter the Ginnie Ballroom without Cave/Cavern cert? and you CAN bring your light? what's the water temp? should I bring my wetsuit or drysuit?
You can bring your light into the ballroom but not into the ear or eye without cavern/cave training. Doubles are fine also.
As for wet/dry, I prefer dry but that's me.

Have fun.

VTernovski:
oh cool... so I guess I'll just take my wetsuit instead...
So, now the bigger question is who will dive with me?

I wanna go, does that count? :05: :D

VTernovski:
"wanna go" or "will go"? :D

If you want to waive the room and car rental fees.....:05: (can't blame a guy for tryin')

I just can't spend $500 on a plane ticket....not if I want to remain married. :D

If I can crash at your hotel for the night, I'll dive with you. I'm a newbie but if you don't care, I don't care.

Derek S:
If you want to waive the room and car rental fees.....:05: (can't blame a guy for tryin')

I just can't spend $500 on a plane ticket....not if I want to remain married. :D

I am flying out of Philly (direct flights on US Air) for that reason. it's $300. I should have booked airline tickets weeks ago when it was still $200 on Delta direct from NYC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom