Ginnie Springs - Friday, Nov 11.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VT- DES and FrankF are down there this week doing Cavern/Intro. Let me know if you can't get in touch with them.

WaterDawg:
Cave Excursions East is about 2miles from Ginnie. I would look at getting tanks there.

they only have singles... I just wanted to get AL80's doubles and not worry about changing my regs over and getting refills... called EE and turns out JJ and Bob Sherwood took all their tanks for their GUE workshop..hehe, I think they should be done with them by Friday.. :D anyhow.. worse come to worse, I am sure I won;t have any problems finding single tanks over there... it's just that I treid to make it easier on myself without converting my current setup. thanks all!

VTernovski:
I got the wing from a friend... ...ughrrr.. I hate diving single tanks... got to change the regs back.. anyhow.. see you Friday!

so, do we go to EE to get the tanks first thing on arrival?

Good deal. It'll be cool to check out Ginnie, single or doubles....

Sure thing!!

XJae:
Ralph D. http://www.cavedivertraining.com/

We were going to go down in a group in one of the upcoming months,
but when a trip we had planned for next weekend fell through they
prematurely evacuated.
Actually, I am still stuck in PA
My key employee (who runs my business while I dive) has a family member who is in her last days and took emergency days to be with her.
Looks like I will be missing alot of goin-ons there.

Man if your commin' all the way down here you need to dive more than just ginnie, once you've dont the ballroom and checked out the entrances to the devils system theirs not much else to see for an OW diver.

www.floridacaves.com
go check out the OW caves on this site

VTernovski:
I got the wing from a friend... ...ughrrr.. I hate diving single tanks... got to change the regs back.. anyhow.. see you Friday!

so, do we go to EE to get the tanks first thing on arrival?

With the tanks gone from EE, the easiest thing to do is to just get them from Ginnie or Blue Grotto or wherever you're diving. I still vote for the single tank for this stuff. To be totally honest, a set of double Al80s at these places would get some chuckles if it weren't painfully obvious you were doing some cave training. <g>

Just to be clear on the light thing- you are indeed allowed to have lights in the Ballroom at Ginnie, at Devil's Den and Blue Grotto, though they are caverns and even a Scout light is plenty if you don't want to pack your cannister light.

You just can't take one to the Devil's systems at Ginnie, which is a short drive down the road from the Ballroom.

Despite the way we might be making it sound, these dives are really, really cool opportunities for OW divers. I spent two whole weekends at Ginnie whoring around for dive buddies when I first was OW certified just so I could get some experience and see these systems. Just make sure your budget allows frequent travel to Gainesville, including the price of cave training and equipement, before you do these dives. <g>

Cameron

CameronMartz:
Just make sure your budget allows frequent travel to Gainesville, including the price of cave training and equipement, before you do these dives. <g>

Cameron

Thank you Cameron! great info!

oh.. I know it's coming!... :07: :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom