Ginnie Springs 7/3-7/6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divenaked

Reaction score
Sorry for previous thread, misunderstood original plan! Open invitaion to anyone to dive/camp Ginnie Springs next Thursday, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. Maybe hit Devils Den on the way back. It's the forth of July, and I know ya'll said the drunks were silting the place up, but it was still clean in the caverns, by the looks of your photos. Besides, I'm hoping to catch a few Coronas for later! Does anyone know if there's a cheaper place to camp nearby? $16 a day per person seems kinda steep. This will be my first spring dive ever! Right now there is six of us, but only three divers. Would love to meet some of yuz guyz. Won't be diving naked. :D

You may want to call. I hear that with all the rain up there that the river water is getting into the cave system again (AKA low vis again). There is a conditions update section at www.cavediver.net. Also, just a side note, we weren't actually in the caverns, since I was the only diver on that trip trained for overhead diving. All those pics were taken in ow over the springs. The only cavern that ow divers may go into there is the Ballroom in the main Ginnie Spring. Also the parking was a mess there cuz of all the non-divers. Going over a holiday weekend isn't really a good idea.

Going over a holiday weekend isn't really a good idea.
but REALLY, REALLY true! Wendy is our "Ginnie expert" so take her advice to heart!

I agree- BAD idea. We had a great time, but it was a real hassle. I'd love to come meet you guys another weekend or even midweek, as I live a few minutes away, but not a holiday weekend again. Sorry.;-0

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom