Gilboa Sept 28-30, '07 Fall Meet-n-Greet planning thread. Come dive with us!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit:
The BC is an extra small US Divers "Sonic 2", I'll have to find the inflator hose for it. It looks new and I used it mainly as a back-up so it didn't see a lot of time in the water. I'm heading to Tobermory in the morning but if you're interested shoot me a PM and I'll get back with you next week when I return.

Gilboa should be a "go" for the Meet-n-Greet. They managed to keep the river from getting into the quarry via the overland route. Divers that were in on Saturday said "12-15" on the visibility but didn't say if that was inches or feet :confused:
Ber :lilbunny:
As per my post, I clearly indicated feet... but 12-15 was how far the river was down at that time. Viz was 15-30ft. :wink:

Lancelot:
4) I will buy some food and drink from the office.

But it won't be on Saturday. Don't worry we have started a tradition where Mike and Jodi visit us during the afternoon to cash in on our carry in meal. Even Mike knows when a good meal is about to settle in your gut.

Lancelot:
Mike and Jody must be about ready to puke after all of this mess they have been through. I am going to try and maximize my help to them financially. Maybe others could consider doing the same. Maybe others could find some new ways to help financially besides what I can come up with.

1) I will get my tank fills at the quarry rather than at a dive shop prior to arrival.
2) I will pick up a T shirt or two from the office.
3) I will buy extra trout chow to feed the swimmy guys.
4) I will buy some food and drink from the office.
5) I will stay the night on sight rather than go to a hotel.

6) Bring a friend and you double the above efforts!:D :D

gtxl1200:
I'm Sorry I didnt mean to kill this thread once I opted out from going. You guys can still continue on with out me.

Whew! That was you! I was afraid I killed the thread by saying I would be going.
:D

Don't worry Ted and Steve, I don't think it's dead, just on a bit of a break. I think those that can go have already chimed in, and many are waiting to see if their schedules work out so that we can attend. I'm in the later group. I'm hoping I can make it, but I'm not able to commit yet. I'd hate to say I can go and then have to back out. That would just be cruel. :lotsalove: ..... :wink:

Well, I'm going to make plans to join you! I don't think I've made it to a M&G since April-2005 (yeah, waaaay to long). But I did get a bunch-o-dives in last month on a Nekton Pilot liveaboard to the northwest Bahamas. :-D

I'll have to look back throught the thread to see what stuff might still be needed (unless someone wants to make a suggestion...)

-Rob

Ber Rabbit:
Fall Meet-n-Greet time has come once again! The votes were cast and the weekend was chosen so now it's time to get down to planning the details!

I've got the open water part of my rescue class the 29th and 30th. Maybe I can swing by the 28th on the way to White Star . . . after all, I do have to be there early Saturday morning, and it is a long drive . . .

Ken

wb416:
As per my post, I clearly indicated feet... but 12-15 was how far the river was down at that time. Viz was 15-30ft. :wink:

A guy walked up to me on Saturday and said, "Diver's said the vis was 12-15." that's what I was referring to in my post. :D

gtxl1200:
I'm Sorry I didnt mean to kill this thread once I opted out from going. You guys can still continue on with out me.

Quick! Somebody get a hose... there's a head that needs shrinking.

I'm still not sure if I'll make it. This was the only bad weekend for me out the bunch so I was hoping for a new poll when the date was decided suddenly. Won't know if I'll be able to make it until the last minute.

Paula

Back
Top Bottom