Gilboa Sept 28-30, '07 Fall Meet-n-Greet planning thread. Come dive with us!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit

Floppy Ear Mod
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Fall Meet-n-Greet time has come once again! The votes were cast and the weekend was chosen so now it's time to get down to planning the details!
Ber :lilbunny:

I'll be there early on the 28th, around 10 or 11. Hopefully Justin, my son from Indy, will be able to join us. I'll bring the kielbasa and horseradish for the Fri. dinner. Do we need to let Mike know to reserve the horseshoe area for us? Looking forward to seeing all you guys again and meeting any new arrivals.:D

Barracuda2:
I'll bring the kielbasa and horseradish for the Fri. dinner. Do we need to let Mike know to reserve the horseshoe area for us? Looking forward to seeing all you guys again and meeting any new arrivals.:D

Friday night dinner? This is turning in to some kind of eating fest. Our meal is served on Saturday. So don't eat all of the kielbasa on Friday.

I think if you had asked Mike he would reserve that area of the quarry for us. It will probably cost us at least a plate full of food though. Even Mike knows to patrol that end of the quarry on a Meet & Greet weekend.

I will either arrive late on friday night or early on saturday depending on where JP's game is friday night. I will be bringing the GLWC flag, Tex Mex dip and chips, a new dip to be revealed at the Meet & Greet, SIR Smores, drinks, a grill, a 10 man tent, camp cots, chairs, a cooler with ice and dive gear for sale.

Look forward to seeing everyone and meeting some new folks.

Justin, if you make it please keep your skirt tucked in we wouldn't want any cold water entering your suit.

I'm currently a maybe. I'd love to join you guys/gals and hope I can swing it. I'm going to have to wait until it bets a bit closer to know for sure.

Well Ladies and Gentelmen,
I'm sorry to have to announce this but I will not be attending the meet and greet after all. I got news today that I will be on a little hiatus from work the last two weeks of September and the first week of October. So I will be taking that opportunity of those 3 weeks to head to Florida to do some diving and I will also be taking my PWC's. MY plans are kind of up in the air right now but I do know my first stop will be in pennsacola to dive the oriskany so if anyone needs a ride their give me a shout then from their I will be heading to the keys. I know I know I had to think long and hard Dive Gilboa or dive the Keys it was a tough descision but the keys won out. so any one that wants a mini meet and greet in the keys or in pennsacola let me know.

Also for those that wanted and had already asked for spots in the Bunkhouse It will be in Florida if you still want to stay in it other wise you will need to make other arrangements.

Once again sorry but as always I will be attending the Spring MNG which is really the one I look forward to.

It is on my calendar! I won't make it until Friday night at the earliest. Looking forward to meeting everyone and hopefully seeing some familiar faces!

gtxl1200:
Well Ladies and Gentelmen,
I'm sorry to have to announce this but I will not be attending the meet and greet after all. I got news today that I will be on a little hiatus from work the last two weeks of September and the first week of October. So I will be taking that opportunity of those 3 weeks to head to Florida to do some diving and I will also be taking my PWC's. MY plans are kind of up in the air right now but I do know my first stop will be in pennsacola to dive the oriskany so if anyone needs a ride their give me a shout then from their I will be heading to the keys. I know I know I had to think long and hard Dive Gilboa or dive the Keys it was a tough descision but the keys won out. so any one that wants a mini meet and greet in the keys or in pennsacola let me know.

Also for those that wanted and had already asked for spots in the Bunkhouse It will be in Florida if you still want to stay in it other wise you will need to make other arrangements.

Once again sorry but as always I will be attending the Spring MNG which is really the one I look forward to.

I wish you a good trip and safe diving, but that has to be the fastest bailout in M&G history!

Divin'Hoosier:
that has to be the fastest bailout in M&G history!

LOL yeah it was wasnt it. but that is the nature of the business I'm in it is feast or famon. One day your working 7 days 12 hours the next your laid off diving in florida.

Seems like you said something like this...............................................

gtxl1200:
So If I help in getting these weekends, so you can Attend, are you actually going to attend? We have had the dates swayed before bye people then those that had to do most with the swaying never showed up. Last example was this years spring MNG.

Divin'Hoosier:
but that has to be the fastest bailout in M&G history!

Thanks for helping to sway the vote.

Mitten Diver:
You no how it works those that want to have a good time, eat good grub, listen to a bunch of stories that can't be true around a campfire made with local wood that is fit for a king and meet new people including most importantly of course you an original attendy will attend, those that don't will always wish they would have. Maybe we can call this Meet & Greet The Legends weekend!

This will be like the Portage Legends outing except you won't be stranded at LAX.

I will try to hold things down without you, send me a map of the quarry in case I need to lead a dive.

I know I know I know. but hey the oriskany and the keys come on what would you do..

the part I really feel bad about is I'm not going to be the one who gets to take indydivegirl on her tour of Gilboa now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom