Gilboa January 18th - 19th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
The main purpose for the policy is to get divers to think and maybe to get some to change their mind and go to the other side. 120 at Gilboa isn't like 120 in the Caribbean. I have seen some things over there.
I have heard some horror stories from Gilboa too. I can't believe our beer swillin' neighbor from the great white north is gonna dive it wet! If I were half the man he is I wouldn't be single...

LOL, well if I were half the man you are, then I would STILL be single! :wink:

(thanks, I think)

We were there in September and were told that to dive on the deep side you must have a 2nd air source (dual regs or a pony bottle). They will apparently allow an instructor with a 2nd air source to dive with a studnet without. They are almost paranoid about free flows caused by cold water. We speculated from the stories we got, that too many show up with warm water regs. Our group from Ontario, primarily dive cold water (several of us hope to dive this Sunday and I'll be diving wet) and all our gear is prepped for cold water.
We did in fact stray over the wall down to about 70 feet on one dive, but entered from the shallow end and didn't get caught.

Chad we stayed at the Cross Country Inn. The restaurant we were kicked out of was Steve's Dakota Grill :) hehehehe!

Wish I could come with you guys but alas that business trip to Florida beckons!
Ber :bunny:

Thanks Ber.

Chad

I can't believ you got kicked out of a restaurant in Findlay OH....you damn kentuckians can do anything.

Second, most of the horror stories from gilboa start out with a guy that has 200 gadgets attached to him in some fashion. I have seen some wierd $h!t up there in the past years....I'll have to tell you some stories some day, but they all revert back to lack of training, lack of responsibility, and plain stupidity.

Yes, free-flows have happened at that quarry, but not a lot of people who have had it happen to them have any idea of what to do (I have a story for this too).

Anyway, story time is for JAN, I need to get to bed...it is an early day for me tomorrow...some of us still have to work.

Ber got us kicked out.

Chad

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
But then again, she is from KY.

Hey, watch it, Big-T, I'll lace your hot toddy with something evil! :devil: I'm the ONLY normal one! :D Yes, I'll be there, but as I told Chad, I'm not a morning person, which means I'll be leaving WRAPPED in my blanky, eyelids propped open with toothpicks at 5 AM (OMG), and the bunks are definitely NOT sounding appealing, especially the showers! :eek:ut: Hotel for me, but I also have an aunt and uncle in Findley. :wink:

O-ring once bubbled...

Are you kidding? We have to make a differentiation between Kentucky "normal" and rest of the nation "normal". If you have any sheep in your family you don't count as "rest of the nation normal".

That pie is getting bigger by the moment!! And it won't be anything as tasty as coconut cream, either! :angel:

ckharlan66 once bubbled...
Ber got us kicked out.

Chad

I don't believe you....I'm callin your bluff....

Mermaid--

you don't need to prop your eyelids open...chad won't mind you sleeping on the way up...hell...he'll be happy to have a lady in the car...he could even drive in the car-pool lane..........wait....oh yeah, you're going through OH, we don't believe in new-fangled technology

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom