Gilboa January 18th - 19th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ckharlan66 once bubbled...

You are already committed to go. You already said you were taking the book and blanky and would have toddies ready. No backing out now. We will have you home before Monday. :D

Chad

as long as you have me home by Sunday, I'm there. :wink: What kind of hot toddies do you gentlemen prefer? :)

If she is hot I don't care if her name is toddie or not.

Oh sorry, that isn't what you meant is it.

Seriously, I am going on Saturday and home on Sunday so getting you home is no problem.

Chad

KyMermaidDivr once bubbled...

as long as you have me home by Sunday, I'm there. :wink: What kind of hot toddies do you gentlemen prefer? :)

Gentlemen??? :D I mean "boys" ... oh yeah, O-ring, A J wants me to deliver a pie, I believe ... did you say coconut cream's your favorite? :mean:

KyMermaidDivr once bubbled...

Gentlemen??? :D I mean "boys" ... oh yeah, O-ring, A J wants me to deliver a pie, I believe ... did you say coconut cream's your favorite? :mean:
No pies! Unless they are tested on Chad first... Where are we sleeping? Do you guys/gals know a place around there to sleep?

There are several hotels in Findlay, OH, which is nearby. I don't remember the name of the one we stayed at last time. Maybe Ber Rabbit can help us out with the name.

Chad

O-ring,

I am bringing my doubles but I don't have the experience to hit the deep end. I just wanted to let you know so that it isn't a shock when we get there and I don't want to hit the deep end.

Chad

O-ring,

I am bringing my doubles but I don't have the experience to hit the deep end. I just wanted to let you know so that it isn't a shock when we get there and I don't want to hit the deep end.

Chad
I bet the deep end is colder than a witch's tit...I ain't going near it either (unless some of you guys want to). I'll dive with whomever in whichever area the group is going... I am not picky. How deep is the deep end anyway?

It is an old rock quarry. In that quarry, there is a wall that starts out at approx. 20ft and heads west across the quarry to 90-ish feet. On the north side of the wall, it is very cold < 40 deg F., it can get very deep (100ft to 142ft.), and there's not much to see on the north side of the wall. There is only one dock entrance to the deep side. The "shallow side" has all the sights. There's a bus (35ft), motorcycle(25ft), VW bus (20ft), Dr. Pepper machine (30ft), a totem pole(20ft.), a grumman airplane(15 (tip of tail wing) to 35ft (landing gear)), there is a "tower wreck" (50ft), 4 large tubes (50 feet top, 65 feet bottom), and a bunch of trucks and little boats at numerous depths. there are 4 shallow side entry points that are seperated from the deep dock, (3 docks and the 1 ramp). They do have a web-page

http://www.divegilboa.com/

I promise you guys that the water will be cold when you head up there. I'm not getting in...I don't think, but do hope to make it up on either Sat or Sun and maybe make you guys lunch or have something warm to drink / eat.

As for lodging, there are a bunch of hotels in Findlay which is approx. 20 minutes from the dive site. Gilboa also has a bunkhouse, but I have no idea what it costs, or what the quality of it is. Ber would know more about the hotels, normally when I'm staying, I camp, but it is a little cold to be throwing out the old coleman tent that time of year.

Camping is out, for me at least.

Thanks for the facts Big T. I look forward to seeing you if you make it over. Bring the rest of your gang too.

Chad

Camping is out, for me at least.

Thanks for the facts Big T. I look forward to seeing you if you make it over. Bring the rest of your gang too.

Chad
<40? Ouch. Ok, who all is really going to go...I have this vision of me showing up and nobody being there...although I can't imagine why cold water would deter anyone from seeing a sunken Dr. Pepper machine...

I got this off the website Big-t listed (thanks, btw)...

Currently: 40-42° below 60 ft
52° at 30 ft
50° surface, to about 20 ft

Back
Top Bottom