Gift Ideas?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Ladies, I need some Bday present ideas. There are a few catches though. A. it has to be mail orderable, b. she dosen't like jewelery ( ya, I know, SCORE!) c. She still hasen't used the new BP/Wing I got her for xmas and I already bught her everything SCUBA wise she didn't have. d. she has used up a lot of leave since wev'e been together so sending her somewhere is out.
She does like kitchen gadgets but has most everything that will fit in the kitchen already.
The clock is ticking, any help ladies??????? Thanks in advance.
PS, I still didn't get the ring, timing was wrong but thanks for all the advice. I learned what to look for.

Day at the Spa?
Send her flowers? or an edible boquet? a chocholate boquet?
Could call and get her a Mary Kay makeover and let her choose what personal indulgences for body care she'd like if given a set amount to spend. (www.marykay.com) They also do gift-basket service and can shop for you.
Same with pampered chef and such.

I think she has one or two of everything pampered chef makes. She has never been real blown away by flowers and I have never seen her wear makeup, dosen't need it. Now you see my problem!
May look into the spa thing, she does like that sort of stuff. Thanks!

Just some random thoughts:

I'll second the spa thing (it's very nice and isn't an actual physical thing you have to find a place for). Does she enjoy any other hobbies? Books? A subscription to a magazine she would be interested in (I find I won't spend the money on a mag, but if someone gives me a subscription I love it)? Video games? One of these *erm* less romantic ideas might be fine if you made her/took her out to a nice dinner or something. My favorite new kitchen gadgets are magnetic spice tins and a microplane.

day spa thing is always good.

here i have fallen in love with fruit boquest, check out the choc dipped strawberries! https://www.floralfruits.com.au/ourbouquets.asp - seriously yum.

otherwise, what about buying a star in her name, a aquarium shark dive if she hasnt dived for a while because of winter or find out about a particular toy/thing she loved as a kid and no longer has and try to find one for her.

I make and take her out to diner all the time. Can't this time as im in Iraq. I did take her on a shark tank dive, Manta dive Cozumel dive, Artic circle for new years. She is not lacking on me doing things for her. She does read voraciously but I can't pick books for her and gift cards are a "cop out".....The spa thing is sounding pretty good at this point. Still open for idesa here ladies. Thanks so much for your input, you can see my problem here! This is a tough one.

youre in Iraq - best gift you can give her is a phone call on the day and stay safe!

what about something really really goofy. do you have "a song", get a camcorder and do a gag to it ... mushy but she will laugh and cry at the same time. this is something i would treasure forever.

You clearly haven't heard me sing, dogs cry.

The camcorder thing might work. Have someone run the camera and you can take her on a tour of where you are, if you can. Have a group of crewmates and you sing "happy birthday" to her on camera. My brother did that for our Mom and she loved it. He was in Iraq the first time around.
Seeing you safe and hearing your voice would be the best present she could get. She won't care if you can't sing.

i was actually thinking you mime to the song - get your mates over there to help you be a total goofball also :D

singing happy birthday in the end would be a nice add on

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom