Gift Ideas?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard:
I don't know about you but I was prolly buying stuff for someone else that packed up and left with half my stuff while I was at work....

Sorry to hear that....but.....ROFLMBO...would make a great counrty song :wink:

You've got some good suggestions - both the day spa thing or the maid service sound great. Both are things that most women would love, but are hesitant to spend the money on because it's not a necessity. You can get some awesome full day spa packages, by the way.

How do those maid service things work, anyway? I can't imagine you would want to leave your house while some strangers are cleaning it (as opposed to a regular housekeeper that you know) . . . but I would feel like a complete slacker if I sat around and watched someone else clean my house.

When my husband was deployed I enjoyed anything that he sent "from the local economy" -- metal work, wood work, jewelry, etc.

I'll always have something from the days when we were worlds apart and cherish the fact that 1.) he thought of me when he was away and 2.) he made it home safely.

God bless you and I hope it isn't long before you are together again.

She hate local junk. High end stuff is too hard to ship and expect it to arrive intact. Thanks for all the great ideas! Keep em coming.

I didn't consider it "junk" -- he has really good taste and sent some cool stuff, but then again when you miss someone you tend to love anything they send you.

Okay...if money is no object, check out:

http://www.eluxury.com/

If I didn't have two kids going to private colleges I'd want my hubby to shop there for me...there is a gift certificate link at the bottom of the page, but I'd rather receive an LV bag for a gift. As it is, I'll have to wait four more years or shop on Canal St.

Not to imply what you got was junk. She gets stuff from Mexico from her brother and hates it, waste of money...Theres some high end stuff there in your link but I don't think it's quite her style. Guess I'll do the spa nad maid thing. Still open for ideas here folks, I have a few weeks to go yet. Thanks for all the input.

There is a spa at the base gym (on Hickam). Hubby got me a certificate. Loved it. I got a massage and facial (not a make-over). I think after I am fully healed from surgery I might just go back and get another one. Did you get in touch with Kathy/Cathy about the vanilla? Just let me know when is good for her, to pick it up that is. Even though she isn't into flowers much you could still send some roses or orchids or something (small arrangement).

Melissa

She gets off work at about 1630. Im not sure where she is on base now. PM me your nuber and I'll have her call you to meet up somewhere.
She gets flowers all the time. never seems overly impressed....She is like shoping for me, impossable!

Dive trip to Cozumel?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom