Gidds v. The Drysuit Round I

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds:
LBD- no not "little black dress"...little black drysuit, every girl should have one:05:

Add some pearls and you're totally set - Very classic. :D

ScubaSarus:
Get her spoiled on a BP & Wings and she'll never be able to afford a bouyancy app.

Total change of subject, but um...ScubaSarus...do you realize we've met??? :) Think WAAAY back to a Beavertail dive in March or April (I think it was the year before last) where conditions got REALLY snotty REALLY fast and the very ugly exit consisted of somersaults over the rocks...I was "surface support" that day (no dry suit) and helped pull you all out and we all went out for drinks afterwards. God, I thought I'd be calling 911 for help that day... :eek: I'm not using the same screen name I did before - privacy donchaknow... :D

SadiesMom:
Add some pearls and you're totally set - Very classic. :D

Whooaaa. Why not start out with a basic bungee necklace to stow the backup. It's a timeless classic!

pennypue:
Absolutely!!! Gidds, grab it and run with it. I figure it should take you about two years to properly try out the transpac.......:wink:

And Diesel.....carry her tanks too.
(I don't CARE if she can do it herself, so can I, THAT'S NOT THE POINT!) :blinking:

im a firm beleaver in..
if your gona dive it ya gotta carry it :)

and yeah the transpac (or any BPW)
takes a little gettin used to.. some people hate them the first few times they dive it
but once you get used to it you never will dive anything else....
but hey
didnt listen to me about the drysuit, why listen to me about the BC :)

IM not a diver, i just play one on daytime TV

I think somebody has way too much time on his hands. Wanna do some of my homework? Please tell me you're not sitting around watching daytime TV.

Just for everybody's information I CAN carry my own gear and 70lbs is MORE than half my body weight. Whether or not I do carry my own gear all the time is an entirely different topic that we need a new thread for.

Woah! This is a long thread. I didn't read it all, but I saw your dilemma with removing the LP hose from your drysuit. Maybe someone else mentioned it, but check these doohickeys out. They make it easier to remove LP hoses:

http://www.deepseasupply.com/page18.html

I just got a drysuit for $300 on ebay. Bare Nex-Gens are pretty inexpensive new. Or just watch ebay for something in your area you can try on.

Sorry if someone already pointed out the little hat doohickeys. Cheers! :)

Gidds:
I think somebody has way too much time on his hands. Wanna do some of my homework? Please tell me you're not sitting around watching daytime TV.

Just for everybody's information I CAN carry my own gear and 70lbs is MORE than half my body weight. Whether or not I do carry my own gear all the time is an entirely different topic that we need a new thread for.

yeah i do have alot of time on my hands...
yeah i have a job. i juts get my hours in one big lump a few times a month :)
so now i sit watching daytime TV
actually as son as the soaps start i usually switch over to history channel or HBO

For everyone, it's pretty important to be able to pull off the LP inflator to both your DS and your wing, if you dive in cold water and like to add long bursts of gas (and espically if you don't like to service your gear) sooner or later you will have a stuck/freeflowing inflator.

Being able to take one off really isn't really a function of hand size, it's a little bit strenght and mostly muscle memory. Practicing once a day (taking off the LP 30 or 40 times) for a week or so, with gloves on, will make anyone pretty good.

In terms of this thread, I guess my question to thread starter would be, can you unhook your BC inflator now?

And, BTW, in real life - if you really can't that sucker off in an emergency - cut the hose or the suit, seriously.

I have trouble with my BC inflator as well. I can't get a decent grip on either. I've been playing with a big ball of silly putty for hand strength.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom