getting old sucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see a 1st stage leaking with some hair (the diver is not bald or not wearing a hood). Yes, the worst part of the big C was the prep, the best part was the drugs. Best sleep I had in years.

In 1995 I was wearing reading glasses and I was able to snorkel with just the natural magnification of a plain glass mask. By 2001 I was wearing graduated lens on land and needed a prescription mask to see clearly underwater. I was 43-49 years old during that time. My prescriptions have not changed much since then. I am now 53.

I didn’t do my first dive until 2002. I’ve never had much trouble reading an analog SPG, but I just changed to a Suunto Vyper computer which is backlighted and much easier to read. Camera, I just point and pray!!!

I just came back from a dive vacation doing 10 dives in 6 days. I’m really glad I started swimming in the pool in December here in Maine to get in shape. I think that swimming a few times a week will be key to my extending this love into my 60’s.

cfelliot:
I just came back from a dive vacation doing 10 dives in 6 days.
Weakling. I did 22 dives in 6 days. And I didn't used geezer gas either. But I did have an awesome boat boy who took care of me. :05:

Momentary note of seriousness...... These folks can do just about anything you need as far as prescription lenses for your mask; and can put lenses in any two-window mask that you may have: http://www.prescriptiondivemasks.com/

They'll also put reader inserts into a full window mask.

nyprrthd:
Momentary note of seriousness...... These folks can do just about anything you need as far as prescription lenses for your mask; and can put lenses in any two-window mask that you may have: http://www.prescriptiondivemasks.com/

That's where I got my script mask about 3 years ago. Sent them my mask, they sent it back so I could see and not have to wear my contacts diving anymore :)

fairybasslet:
...But I did have an awesome boat boy who took care of me.....

A boat boy? So that's the secret. If I'd had some little slave to lug, setup and clean-up, I might have fit in a few more.

I do have to admit to one or two other interests in Jamaica though!!!!

Added: This was one thing I didn't like about diving at a resort. Two dives per day 9:00 and 1:00 and all equipment had to come off the boat between!

nyprrthd:

Thanks..I'll look them up after my appointment next week :D

Diver0001:
Which part.....the unintentional leaking or the extra clamp holding the whole gizmo together....? :)

R..
OK funny guys. There are so many rule six violations I don't know where to start.

1) First of all, I was just testing the strobes, not even intentionally taking the picture of myself, hence the stupid look on my face.

2) The bolt snap on my second stage is sticking straight up.

3) Those two loops of plastic on the left side of my head are zip ties, to hold my snorkel on during the long swim out to the drop off.

4) One ugly tuft of hair sticking straight up, one tuft sticking straight down.

5) Yoke adapter (no din tanks for rent in Kona) leaks, as UP was kind enough to point out.

6) Replacement, non-stainless steel bolt in end of yoke adapter is rusty (as you can see in UP's CU shot).

These are the kind of things that divers my age do. Lucky I don't have a stroke. eyebrow

Why do you have a sea urchin on your head? Don't try to tell me that's some kind of Chernobyl hair. I know a sea urchin when I see one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom