Georgia Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverjed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Okay, here we go.

Northern Divers support group. I know dive shops exist, but where can we conveniently dive without having to drive over hell's half acre, and I don't care about low vis, cold water, I just want to dive without getting arrested for making an attempt to do so.

Lakes, Rivers, ponds, creeks, quarries, all count..........

.............Go!

Pelham Alabama is a great quarry, just 2.5 hrs from Atlanta.
Glencoe is also not too bad, but the facilities are not as good as Pelham. About 2 hrs from Atlanta.
Other options are the springs in Cave Country.

Close to Atlanta???? Yeah right, I wish.

Dave

Okay, here we go.

Northern Divers support group. I know dive shops exist, but where can we conveniently dive without having to drive over hell's half acre, and I don't care about low vis, cold water, I just want to dive without getting arrested for making an attempt to do so.

Lakes, Rivers, ponds, creeks, quarries, all count..........

.............Go!

Philadelphia....Georgia Divers...Northern Divers support group...
I'M SO Confused!:confused:

I might be re-locating to Atlanta. Trying to get a heads up on the diving there.

Don't feel bad....I stay confused. :)

If we are talking about North Georgia (Atlanta area) then I agree with maniac, in that Pehlam is the place to go. If we are talking about Philly...then I'm certainly confused.

:confused:

Possibly moving from Philly to Atlanta.

End of Confusion?

What about Lake Lanier?

I understand it sucks, but it is diveable, meaning they permit you to dive there, correct?

Pelham and Glencoe have already been mentioned. There is also a quarry near Huntsville. It's not as deep as the other two but it has some interesting things in it like a Minuteman missle, a Skylab/Space Station training mock-up, some fighter jets ect.
The gulf is just 5.5-6 hours from Atlanta with excellent diving in Panama City Beach and Destin. There a "double-hand-full" of spring in the Florida panhandle. Vortex and Morrison to name two.
There are at least 12 dive shops in Atlanta and neighboring area.

How's that to start?

diverjed once bubbled...
Possibly moving from Philly to Atlanta.

End of Confusion?

What about Lake Lanier?

I understand it sucks, but it is diveable, meaning they permit you to dive there, correct?

I can't speak for Lanier, but I know people that dive the Lakes: Martin, West Point, Eufaula (Lake George). My LDS instructor and assistant instructor both dive the Chattahoochee River on a regular basis (they are SAR divers for Ft. Benning).

What's the name of the quarry near Huntsville?

I'll go anywhere I suppose. I've been off the Georgia Shore, St. Simon's island, did that WWII carrier, forget the name.

Been to Vortex just a couple weeks ago. What about that lake in South Carolina?

diverjed once bubbled...
What's the name of the quarry near Huntsville?

I'll go anywhere I suppose. I've been off the Georgia Shore, St. Simon's island, did that WWII carrier, forget the name.

Been to Vortex just a couple weeks ago. What about that lake in South Carolina?

Here a link:
Rock Divers

Back
Top Bottom