Genesis HP 100 vs Faber HP 100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJdiver85

Contributor
Reaction score
I am trying to determine if these tanks are the same height. Faber is listed at 24.2 inches, but I can find no info on the Genesis specs. Also, does anyone know who makes the Genesis tanks?

You can check out this link to a rodales report on tanks (if it doesn't work just go to scubadiving.com and look for tank info)http://www.scubadiving.com/gear/27tanktips/stats.shtml
they seem to be saying that luxfor and genesis are the same thing just different names. Hope this helps.

Genesis HP Tanks used to be made by PST
now they are made by a Japanese company, Asahi (spelling??)

When I was thinking about buying HP tanks
I was leaning toward the Genesis Tanks until I learned this.
There is a big difference in the way the tanks are made.

If you do a search, it's in one of the older threads.

I know about the advantage of the finish on the pressed steels vs the painted finish on the Faber's but is there some other problem with the Asahi manufacturing process?

Originally posted by tbg
I know about the advantage of the finish on the pressed steels vs the painted finish on the Faber's but is there some other problem with the Asahi manufacturing process?

....... is that the Pressed Steel Tank is drawn out of a solid piece of steel (there is a good explanation on their website, click here). The other tank is formed from a peice of pipe with and end welded on. The welds are the most likely place for any moisture to collect, thus the first spot to rust. this might not be an issue now, but in a few years who know's?? also a cap welded on may make the tank bottom heavy.

Use your own judgement. :huh:

I'm buying PST :thumb:

Asahi tanks are heavier than Pressed Steel and most of us use HP tanks to reduce overall weight.

I also used a piece of duct tape (that what the LDS had) to mark the nitrox mix on an Asahi tank and it pulled off a patch of paint on removal.

Ralph

Back
Top Bottom