Genesis 2.2 vs Seacraft vs Magnus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...What is the difference between "the motor controller will run" and "the motor will run"?

The Genesis 1.0 had different controller enable electronics that were designed to disable the DPV if the plug cover was removed in water, but in reality, seawater was conductive enough for the controller to remain enabled, but not fresh water. Since no one has had a runaway DPV, the decision was made to let it be enabled in any water.

Power can be pulled out of the vacuum test port, from a DC/DC converter. A few people have asked about it, but no one has ever bothered to do it as far as I know.

The compass is a Sea Rover, that we sew a better strap to, that prevents slipping on the DPV.

Man! I really need to just stay out of this whole subforum! Every time I come in here is like throwing gasoline on my burning urge to buy a Genesis!

It's more like crack addiction. Take one for a test drive, the first hits free! :D

Yeah. I can tell that I cannot afford a free test drive.... LOL

@Jon Nellis I could have sworn you did something like that a few years ago, but when I saw it on the website I figured I was going crazy.... I am on my way down to cave country this week so I may need to go borrow a genesis from @Superlyte27 since I haven't had any trigger time on any of the new ones.

Let me know!

I think I've read elsewhere that the standard Genesis floats with the handle at 3:00.

So, if you're driving along and do something to lock the throttle on, and you just let go, the handle will rotate to 3:00 and stay there? Meanwhile, the scooter just keeps driving along?

Your website verbiage about those vanes and zero torque AND the Seacraft verbiage about their post-swirl stator all just sound like witchcraft. Or, at least, exaggeration. Clearly, I have now seen video that convinced me that the Seacraft magic is real and works.

I've read enough of your posts that (for a change LOL) I am willing to believe you without asking for a video showing it. :) That is really cool!

Any chance you'll come out with a way to plug an E/O cord into a Genesis to run lights or something off the scooter's Warp Core during a dive?

You’re welcome to borrow one. I often let go of the scooter while going through a cave. It’ll go a few seconds in straight level flight, I even hold just the tow cord sometimes. There really is no torque.

My scooter is currently with KUR doing some demos. If anyone is near cave country and wants to try it out, let me know.

Stuart is borrowing it near Memorial Day. If you guys give me notice, I can fly it just about anywhere in the south east USA. I bought a twin engine airplane last week and need to build time on it anyway.

The scooter really is the best any way you can measure it. If there was a better scooter to own, I’d own it. There isn’t, by far.

Not sure on the blacktips firmware being updated or not just what i have heard next to someone with one. I know I still want to get a blacktip cause it'll suck alot less to lose it so I'll use it more....something to consider.
The original Blacktip firmware was really noisy, like impossible to lose your dive buddy noisy. When Dive-X came out with the first firmware update, they became almost silent, with just a slight noise noticeable in first or second gear, depending on your motor. I expect with the newest firmware in beta and all the motor tuning parameters, you can probably make it even more silent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom