Genesis 2.2 vs Seacraft vs Magnus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Seacraft is from Finland. So if you need service you are in for very long shipping times, lots of customs and duties etc.

Genesis is in California. Yes there's still a border for you. BUT you could rent a mailbox in Michigan/NY etc, ground ship the Genesis both ways for FAR less. Then drive it over and back to get it minus the worst duties and border hassles.

Agree on dropping the Magnus from your list unless you can find a mint used one or something. I have a first generation Genesis now with the warpcore 2.2 inside - its brilliant

PS you do NOT want to fly a scooter to MX. There is a very good chance you will be absolutely slammed with duties and fees to even get it into the country. And their TSA is absolutely moronic about batteries so there's a good chance exiting will be super dicey
Just a note for accuracy. SeaCraft is designed and manufactured in Poland. It holds the world record for deepest DPV dive in Lake Garda, Italy. 1038 feet of fresh water by Jarek Macendonski.

The batteries are assembled in Vermont at DPV-Tech,inc. and all major service, if there ever is any, is done by dealers, Edd Sorenson or DPV-Tech in Vermont and Protec in Mexico. No need to go to Europe. This has been true since the SeaCraft was introduced to the US and mexico in 2016.
SeaCraft has two lithium ion battery systems one of which is in 100wh. segments are CE and can be flown in a passenger Aircraft any where in the world. There is no Duty or fees flying with your personal SeaCraft to Mexico.

For further information www. SeaCraftdpv.com

There is no Duty or fees flying with your personal SeaCraft to Mexico.
I mistakenly said finland vs poland

The chances of getting pulled aside at MX customs have gone down slightly. But if they do decide to inspect your bags, you are highly likely to pay duties to import any scooter, "professional" camera, extra video editing laptop, or anything else appearing to be expensive to Mexico. They don't care if its for personal use or if you are leaving with it after your trip.

I mistakenly said finland vs poland

The chances of getting pulled aside at MX customs have gone down slightly. But if they do decide to inspect your bags, you are highly likely to pay duties to import any scooter, "professional" camera, extra video editing laptop, or anything else appearing to be expensive to Mexico. They don't care if its for personal use or if you are leaving with it after your trip.
As the distributor for SeaCraft in North America including Mexico I can offer a little more insight from practical experience traveling frequently to Mexico. If you are entering Mexico with your personal diving equipment, you are not importing as long as you leave Mexico with your personal diving equipment.
Also, for those SeaCraft users who do not have the travel Lithium ion battery, they can travel without their standard battery and rent a SeaCraft battery at their destination. ProTec in Mexico is our dealer there.
The Genesis DPV is a fine machine and a worthy competitor. You can not go wrong with a Genesis.
Hope you have a chance to compare SeaCraft with other DPV one day. Please contact me
If you wish to do so through our website or the European website www,seacraft.eu

@QAQTAT I am in the Alex Bay region of New York, I'd be happy to demo both models of the Seacraft including the ENC & Seacraft Lighting System. No strings, the border opened and we can hit the river together!

I realize it's been a year or more since the original post but thats a standing offer for anyone also.

Despite meticulous maintenance, my BlackTip flooded on a 2hr 45min dive at a depth no greater than 6m.

It transformed from “Ultimate Travel Weapon” to “Unreliable Plaything”.

I was on the cusp of buying the Exploration tube (4 x 12Ah PTBs for 250 min TRT) but now interested in Genesis and SeaCraft.

Despite meticulous maintenance, my BlackTip flooded on a 2hr 45min dive at a depth no greater than 6m.

I was on the cusp of buying the Exploration tube (4 x 12Ah PTBs for 250 min TRT) but now interested in Genesis and SeaCraft.
Where are you located?

Tampa, Florida.

Hey guys, I'm planning to invest in a DPV. I had asked around about the best DPV in the market. I got recommendations on the new Genesis, Seacraft Future 1000 and Magnus. Does anyone have experienced these three? I'm living in Ontario so the scooter has to work in cold water, but I also do cave diving in Florida and Mexico. It is a big investment and it seems not possible to try all three in Ontario. Can someone share some thoughts on which one I should get? Thanks in advance.
Seacraft Future are in stock
Edd Sorenson, Cave adventurers in Marianna, FL, www.caveadventuerers.com
Jack Law, Unlimited dive partners in New Jersey, www.seacraftdpvusa.com
Jerzy Kowalczuk, Mississauga, Ont 905-712-1170
DPV-tech, inc. Warren, Vermont 802-793-3300 www.seacraftdpv.com

Got to drive my buddy's brand new Seacraft Future. We spent a short time adjusting trim and buoyancy, which was extremely simple. The DPV allows for quick removal/installation of weight plates. It has a center axis rod, along which the battery can be moved forward or rearward. The battery's postion is locked into place by quick release levers. If you're removed a bicylce wheel with a quick release, you'll recognize the mechanism instantly. The center rod has index marks, providing reference points. Seacraft has made the process of trimming and establishing buoyanccy in either Fresh/Salt water exceedingly simple.

Turning was very easy and the controls were quite intuitive. Changing speeds does require a forceful push of the small buttons. I think they should be taller and wider, to accommodate thick gloves but it's a trade off. Easier to hit willingly and easier to unwittingly. Buddy said he need to find a way to switch his hight from left to right hand as the center of the handle makes this difficult. The DPV has a true ambidexterous handle that allows for controlling the unit as easily, using your left or right arm.

Did not have any problems initiating and making turns. The DPV is rock stable w/o any vibration through the handle. My buddy removed the post swirl stator and propeller on-land w/o any problems. You shouldn't have any problems removing it, if needed, underwater with thick gloves.

IMHO, I think it will come down to the ergonomics and functions/features you prefer. You really need to test drive both to gauge them.

Got to drive my buddy's brand new Seacraft Future. We spent a short time adjusting trim and buoyancy, which was extremely simple. The DPV allows for quick removal/installation of weight plates. It has a center axis rod, along which the battery can be moved forward or rearward. The battery's postion is locked into place by quick release levers. If you're removed a bicylce wheel with a quick release, you'll recognize the mechanism instantly. The center rod has index marks, providing reference points. Seacraft has made the process of trimming and establishing buoyanccy in either Fresh/Salt water exceedingly simple.

Turning was very easy and the controls were quite intuitive. Changing speeds does require a forceful push of the small buttons. I think they should be taller and wider, to accommodate thick gloves but it's a trade off. Easier to hit willingly and easier to unwittingly. Buddy said he need to find a way to switch his hight from left to right hand as the center of the handle makes this difficult. The DPV has a true ambidexterous handle that allows for controlling the unit as easily, using your left or right arm.

Did not have any problems initiating and making turns. The DPV is rock stable w/o any vibration through the handle. My buddy removed the post swirl stator and propeller on-land w/o any problems. You shouldn't have any problems removing it, if needed, underwater with thick gloves.

IMHO, I think it will come down to the ergonomics and functions/features you prefer. You really need to test drive both to gauge them.
Thank you for report no test diving your friends SeaCraft.
It was not clear about right and left

“Buddy said he need to find a way to switch his hight from left to right hand as the center of the handle makes this difficult. “
I wonder if you could explain this comment? Maybe there is a solution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom