Gear purchases you DON’T regret

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Aqualung AquaFlex 5mm, MiFlex braided hoses, Aqualung micron regs for travel, Aeris accels for travel. Also love my Lavacore hoodie and thermal shield made by Aus company Adrenaline - the love child of a rash vest and a seal, love it.

I love my Aqualung LXs for home even if they do feel a bit big after using the microns, and I'm not sure if I love or am afraid of my Pathos carbon fibre free diving fins which are replacing my old faithful Cressi Gara free diving fins. A) there's a hugely noticeable difference in thrust but my legs need to work as hard as they do and not ache like I'm 53 years old or something and B) the price even though I got them half price they still have a way to go until we're totally tight. When I can find some water deeper than 15m I will be in a position to judge better..I've realised I'm only a half a metre away from the bottom after a kick and a half so...we shall see.

My Farallon snorkel, first one purchased in 1974.
^^^ I'm still kicking myself for giving mine away. ^^^ Also bought it around the same time.

To answer the OP:
Freedom Plate (2 of them)
Argonaut Kraken
VDH 18lb wing
Dive computer

Multiple suits of lightweight, fast-drying, no-stink, thin but astonishingly warm merino wool longjohns. these do cold water as the very bottom layer and warmer water as the only thing btwn me and the drysuit.

I love my Metalsub lights, can't understand why so few people have them nowadays. Tough as nails, battery packs never flood and instructors being cute can't turn off my light w/o my knowledge.

Didn't read all 10 pages but my favorite is my dive buddy, liked her so much i married her.....30 years later she still works fine and actually has gotten better with age. How many other pieces get better with time? Bill

Ditto - well, sort of: I dive w/ my daughter. Cost me a lot of money to educate & equip this buddy, but it was a fantastic investment.

1. Shearwater Petrel 2
2. SP G250V
3. My camera equipment

Items 1 and 2 were bought from the scubaboard classifieds. Thanks scubaboard!!

shearwater.jpg

1. Hollis Neotek Semi-Dry suit (Very warm and works extremely well)
2. Scuba-Pro Seawing Nova fins (Frog + Flutter)

another vote for Hollis Neotek suits. my wife and I are very pleased with ours. they were good at 80ft in 42° water with step in vests. came out practically dry.

Back
Top Bottom