Gear Purchase - Any Suggestions on this rig?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pcsanity

Reaction score
My wife and I have been looking at a LDS in the Dallas area and have found that we like the following setup.

If any of you have comments on the total price of the setup ($2115 w/ tax - for 2 complete sets) for both of us also please comment. This is signifigantly lower than some of the other LDS, and I have checked...they are authorized dealers for all of the mfg. that we have selected.

Any pro's or cons of the following equipment is really appreciated.

Regulator: Mares MR12 Proton (2)
Octopus: Mares Proton (2)
Computer: Dacor Darwin Console w/ SPG and Compass. (2)
Her BC: Genesis Athena BCD (1)
His BC: Dacor Falcon Mens BC (1)

Thanks,

Matt

:confused:

pcsanity once bubbled...
Her BC: Genesis Athena BCD (1)

If you are in the Dallas area I would take a look at ScubaToys and the Zeagle Zena for your wife.

My wife dives it and loves that BC.

James

It is scubatoys that we were looking with.

Have you had any positive / negative experiences with them?

We will look into the zegal.

Thanks,
M

pcsanity once bubbled...
It is scubatoys that we were looking with.
Have you had any positive / negative experiences with them?

I'm not local, but I've bought a fair amount of equipment from them over the internet. They are friendly enough and work hard to take care of their customers.

James

Some of the Zeagle BC's use a ripcord device for dumping or removing weights.
Not only do you have to keep track of the cord if you dump underwater, they are a pain in the %$# to reinstall.
The simpler, the better.

My wife has the Mares M1 computer (basically the same as the Darwin) and I have played with it a bit. She has kind of a hard time getting through the functions but I really haven't ahd too many problems once I figured out the directions. My complaint is that sometimes I have a hard time with the buttons. I should have a better impression of it later this week since I will be diving with it until my Uwatec Smart Pro gets replaced. I guess I am fortunate that she hates quarry diving.

I just made a purchase over the phone with ScubaToys, I Highly Recommend them. I dealt with Larry, the owner, he was very helpful. They are an actual dive shop so all of their equipment offers full manufacturer warranty. If you have any questions about them let me know.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom