Gear Bags - What Will Work for Me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree that you don't want to just dunk your whole bag in the rinse tank and that's that. What a good mesh bag allows you to do is get the worst off quickly. Let your bag soak, swish it around. Set it on the dock to drain while you take care of other business. In 5-10 minutes most of the water will be drained which makes everything a little lighter and doesn't fill your trunk with water. Wet gear should never be stored in a bundle for long but getting the salt diluted before the gear has dried too much is the key. You still need to remove the gear and hang properly after a good rinse. The problem with many rinse tanks is that unless you are the first one in, you're just dunking in salt water again after 20 other divers gear. Don't be afraid to ask to have the tank refilled.

I have read every post on this thread and it makes me feel like maybe we have a product that solves some of the issues here. We recently started a little business in Key Largo making custom mesh gear bags. These are no ordinary bags. First, the material is amazingly sturdy. 2nd - They're constructed by people and equipment that makes sails, bimini tops and cushions for boats here in the Keys so they hold up to marine conditions. 3rd - They're very easy to personalize with embroidery and there is over 1.6 million color combinations. Anyway our company is called SplashBag If you're interested use coupon code scubaboard2013 to save $15

Attachments

• splashbag90.png
    splashbag90.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 135
New to posting on SB so please forgive multi-posts while I figure things out.:idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom