Gauging Interest in DH backplates...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I plan on deleting the inner tank band slots.
I'd recommend leaving them... A friend of mine uses an open center wing with the cross of webbing through it and he threads the cam band in the outer slot, back out the inner slot, over the web strap on the wing, back out the other inner slot, the through the outer slot. works well to lock it all in place.

I ran my webbing a little differently in a single piece on a VDH cline and it seems to work well and keeps everything away from the can. Not sure if you can see what's going on but it works👍

Attachments

• PXL_20211205_200600809.jpg
    PXL_20211205_200600809.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 51
  • PXL_20211205_200617904~2.jpg
    PXL_20211205_200617904~2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 53
I ran my webbing a little differently in a single piece on a VDH cline and it seems to work well and keeps everything away from the can. Not sure if you can see what's going on but it works👍
Looks like you did what I did at first. (See posts #21 and #26 in this thread.) Ultimately, I decided this approach was too much of a kludge and less than satisfactory, and then I decided to have my shoulder straps sewn.

rx7diver

Looks like you did what I did at first. (See posts #21 and #26 in this thread.) Ultimately, I decided this approach was too much of a kludge and less than satisfactory, and then I decided to have my shoulder straps sewn.

rx7diver
I see it now. I just liked that it kept the straps all away from the can. What did you find that you didn't like about it? Maybe I'm missing something.

Finally have the latest plate and picked up some new webbing today. I had a shorter, used one but no go with the added length needed for this.

As I mentioned before, I want it to use a regular harness that is easily sourced by everyone. The top wing bolt hole lines up with the center grommet on the harness.
I am about 5'9" and am using the top waist loop just fine. Tall divers should find the lower waist loop an improvement. I have a taller friend coming over this weekend to demonstrate.
I hope to dive it very soon pending conditions. Royal is closest to me and supposedly clearing up as I type.
20220421_135011-removebg-preview.png

20220421_125840-removebg-preview.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom