Gasoline

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah, the poor, poor oil companies. I am more than willing to let them compete in a free market, but thats NOT whats happening. They are getting government subsidies to the tune of billions. No other company will report record profits when their raw material price sky rockets.

Profits being low is a pointless measure. Companies can choose to invest money in all sorts of places and call it opex. Sadly the government is also profiting from the increased taxes in many locals. Might as well accept it, we are all being screwed and scammed.

And this from a man who lives in Alberta, land of the tar sands and lots of oil.:D
Do you have any idea how much it costs to retrieve oils from tar sands??? Sure it's doable, we have the technology right now. At this time it makes no financial sense. If we could figure that one single issue, we in the US and Canada would be set for decades to come. That and slate oils. but so far nobody knows how to do it and make a buck at it. It costs more to do it, than you get when you sell it Maybe thats the problem. we are all thinking about mining the oils for profit. Maybe we should nationalize it, and make it non profit. Any gains would be for further research and development, or go to charities. Did you know there is always gold in solution in water? Along with many other minerals like salt ,selenium, boron, iron ad naueum. The problem is the same. You need to be able to extract the material, at or above the cost you have lay out to produce it. So far nobody has been able to extract gold out of water for a profit. You can do it all day long right now! it just cost more do do it, than you can sell it for. For example salt extraction cost a bunch to get it out of solution in water. and there are far less oils in tar sands, than salt in the ocean. It's a simple process issue. No one is going to do it if it costs them money unless there is some future $$ potential for profit. Like they say, It all about the money. The older you get, the more you understand that axiom. Sad but true.

Lawyers can take care of the wife problem and make it go away for a fee.

You guys are B A A A A A A A D ! ! ! !

I start a new job next Monday and will live 4 miles from work.

Sounds like a raise! The gas savings alone will be around $325 mo... :)

I think its BMW that makes a car now that will burn gas OR hydrogen it will run on both, not sure if you can buy it yet, maybe you can, I"m sure a quick google will tell the truth on it.

http://www.scubakingston.co.uk/scuba-car.jpg

I hear this car runs on divers left over Nitrox. It is the best kept secret in UK. Divers use left over gas mixes like Nitrox to fill up the car and it runs a long time and never gets clogged up or bad judgement no matter how deep you go with it.

No Oxygen toxicity problems either.

:rofl3:

Get a horse.

Oh, then there's that "flalulence" problem though.

The O zone thing.

Back
Top Bottom