Gasoline

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It isn't all the gas companies fault. The powers that be in the government want us to believe that. All it will take is for the U.S. to open up drilling and start producing once again, instead of crying to OPEC to produce more. They also need to relax ALOT of the restrictions they have on the gas companies.

And just how long would it take for the any new drilling to matter at the pump... And by the time it could, demand would have caught up with it.

And just how long would it take for the any new drilling to matter at the pump... And by the time it could, demand would have caught up with it.

You are very correct in that. It may be too late for help now but, we do need to plan for the future or it will only get worse. Lack of planning years ago, I feel, is one of the main problems. You can't just say get rid of something we have been so dependant on for so long without a very dependable alternative. Then expect someone else to provide it for us at the price we say they should.

All it will take is for the U.S. to open up drilling and start producing once again, instead of crying to OPEC to produce more.

That is why I think the statement above is somewhat naive... I think it a much bigger issue than just drill more...

Not sure how the cost of regulators or how much air is in your tank has anything to do with it. It's sad that you feel you need to drive a tank to be safe.

As for myself I get around in my 4 cyl Hyundai...about as economical as I can get. I am in dire need of a good truck, or van, to do my work out of at times. That is the dificult part :shakehead:. Well, at least it helps me keep my cost down that I do not have to pass on to my customers. Such is life, we are all in this together.

I agree that we need a sound energy policy and yes we need to find alternatives to oil. That being said if we just started looking for oil the price would drop by a lot. Oil consumption has gone up in the last 12 months but it has not doubled like the price of oil has. The thought of the United States using its oil supply would reduce the speculation in oil futures to a reasonable level

And this from a man who lives in Alberta, land of the tar sands and lots of oil.:D

Its a 1.25 a litre right now. Some speculate that it will be 1.50 by summer.

In real terms, my little 4 banger PT cruiser use to cost me $50/week, now is $60/week and will be about $75 by summer.

That why I dumped my Jeep Grand Cherokee in favor of the cruiser. My Jeep used to be $100/wk (same time period as the $50/week for my Cruiser) and the Cruiser actually carries more stuff.

Sadly, I drive a Chevy Suburban and these gas prices are killing me, costing me over $130 for a fill up.

Wait...isn't this a forum for diving?!? It costs me $7 to fill my tank. $6 if I'm at Windy Point!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom