Gasoline

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My local corner 7-11 just went to 3.85 a gallon for regular (only to continue to rise of course---and still higher priced at a few other area stores),,,,I feel so f'#@&^$!! sad for these struggling gas companies. :shakehead:

Last edited:
Well, thats not that bed. I drive a diesel and at my local store the price per gallon of diesel is now $4.59 that suckkkkkkssssssss........... Diesel is easier to refine than gasoline.........explain that on to me...I with you TEXDIVEGUY, SCrrrr@#$%W the oil companies and the horse they road in on. But, you also know that its the other guys that are hurting us, because we have to reley on foriegn oil instead of using or own. The EPA needs to back off and let the US drill in our own backyard.

I know this is your local Swamp, but I just got this email from a co-worker that is along the same lines.

I didn't realize this but these coupons (attached) are good for one litre
of gas at most gas retailers. I have seen them around lots but never knew what they were for?

You probably have one lying around somewhere now? Make sure to use it
Before it expires!!

Attachments

• Gas%20Coupon.jpg
    Gas%20Coupon.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 81
Those coupons are only good for Flex fuel type cars, if you north of the 33rd parallel and on Saturday in the country of CANAMERIMEX :rofl3:

It isn't all the gas companies fault. The powers that be in the government want us to believe that. All it will take is for the U.S. to open up drilling and start producing once again, instead of crying to OPEC to produce more. They also need to relax ALOT of the restrictions they have on the gas companies.

Sure the oil companies are making record profits but, the government basically tells them what to do with that profit. I do not want the government telling me what I have to do with the profits from my business.

It will be very tough to fill up tomorrow to go diving. It almost make me not want to go...but I gotta.

It isn't all the gas companies fault. The powers that be in the government want us to believe that. All it will take is for the U.S. to open up drilling and start producing once again, instead of crying to OPEC to produce more. They also need to relax ALOT of the restrictions they have on the gas companies.

Sure the oil companies are making record profits but, the government basically tells them what to do with that profit. I do not want the government telling me what I have to do with the profits from my business.

It will be very tough to fill up tomorrow to go diving. It almost make me not want to go...but I gotta.

Or, alternatively, you could drive less, carpool, and get rid of the Hummer and buy a reasonable vehicle. You could live close to where you work. You could ride a bike. You could walk. You could take public transportation. You could complain to your local car sales people that what they are producing is garbage that you will throw away in 5 years so you can get a new one. You could spend a little more and buy a house that is energy efficient and well made and then live there for the rest of your life and hand it down to your children who will be proud to live in it because it is so well made. You could quit voting for the folks that keep propping up the auto and oil industries with your tax dollars and the lives of our military personnel.

I don't think there is anyone that reads this board, me included, that couldn't implement at least several of these strategies to reduce their own cost both short and long term as well as help the world as a whole.

Or you keep doing what your doing now and still be complaining in 10 years. That's what most of us will do.

My local corner 7-11 just went to 3.85 a gallon for regular (only to continue to rise of course---and still higher priced at a few other area stores),,,,I feel so f'#@&^$!! sad for these struggling gas companies. :shakehead:

In defense of oil companies - Apr. 29, 2008

I actually read an article that oil companies' growth is around 7%... Which is less than the pharmacutical companies' growth...

Or, alternatively, you could drive less, carpool, and get rid of the Hummer and buy a reasonable vehicle... You could take public transportation. You could complain to your local car sales people that what they are producing is garbage that you will throw away in 5 years so you can get a new one.

OR you could buy a cheaper regulator or just half a tank of air next time you go diving. Forget safety, be cheap! :shakehead:
IMHO most gas efficient cars are teensy tin cans that would crumple in a fender-bender. I think driving is scary as hell. I'm sure not going out there without steel around me.

...You could live close to where you work. You could ride a bike. You could walk...You could spend a little more and buy a house that is energy efficient and well made and then live there for the rest of your life and hand it down to your children who will be proud to live in it because it is so well made.

I should move to Suburbia?! Forget my poor attempt to have a quiet piece of land, be green, have a truly organic garden. I'll live in a condo and buy from Sam's. I trust the "Organic" label. :wink:
Besides, no one can afford to have things done right. I don't think the builders even know how to build things to last anymore.

You could quit voting for the folks that keep propping up the auto and oil industries with your tax dollars and the lives of our military personnel.

I don't think there is anyone that reads this board, me included, that couldn't implement at least several of these strategies to reduce their own cost both short and long term as well as help the world as a whole.

Or you keep doing what your doing now and still be complaining in 10 years. That's what most of us will do.

Now THAT I agree with! As an experienced political-dabbler, I can tell you for sure that everyone whines but when they are asked to DO something all you can hear are *crickets* ...

I know this is your local Swamp, but I just got this email from a co-worker that is along the same lines.
And this from a man who lives in Alberta, land of the tar sands and lots of oil.:D

OR you could buy a cheaper regulator or just half a tank of air next time you go diving. Forget safety, be cheap! :shakehead:
IMHO most gas efficient cars are teensy tin cans that would crumple in a fender-bender. I think driving is scary as hell. I'm sure not going out there without steel around me.

I should move to Suburbia?! Forget my poor attempt to have a quiet piece of land, be green, have a truly organic garden. I'll live in a condo and buy from Sam's. I trust the "Organic" label. :wink:
Besides, no one can afford to have things done right. I don't think the builders even know how to build things to last anymore.

Now THAT I agree with! As an experienced political-dabbler, I can tell you for sure that everyone whines but when they are asked to DO something all you can hear are *crickets* ...

We are in a market driven economy and there are two main components in the price of any commodity, supply and demand. We, as individuals can have an impact on one side of that equation. If we aren't interested in doing what we can to reduce demand, then my suggestion would be to not complain about the cost of our choices.

Not sure how the cost of regulators or how much air is in your tank has anything to do with it. It's sad that you feel you need to drive a tank to be safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom