Gas Management Seminars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh! So you'll ONLY do seminars in the Northwest, eh!
03.gif

Being a little geo-centric, are we?
shakehead.gif

You know, if you were to, say, mosey on down to SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, I'll bet a bunch of grateful divers (pun intended) would come out of the woodwork to attend and...dare I say it(?)...get wet with you in some of our premier spots!
04.gif

OK. Bob! What'll it take?
eyebrow.gif

BTW - got any more "Gas Papers" lying around?

Ian

um, I second that!

johntuskman:
Why did you cancel Pt. Townsend?
I didn't ... the shop manager requested that we reschedule the class later in the year. I think we'll be doing it out there in August.

I do these seminars for free ... at the request of any shop that asks me to do one. In that respect, my schedule is pretty much determined by when the shop wants me to do it.

For those of you beyond the PNW area ... we are working on doing a webcast of the February 23rd presentation.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
For those of you beyond the PNW area ... we are working on doing a webcast of the February 23rd presentation.

:yelclap: :yl2jump: :jump3: :cuddles: :bandsmlz: :yl2jump: :jump3: :god: :yelclap:

The Port Townsend presentation that Bob graciously offered to do was in conjunction with the Dive Olympics, which has been postponed until August. As people were assembling teams many were having difficulty coordinating skiing schedules with the event, as President's day weekend is one of the most popular weekends in the PNW for skiing.

As a special request, it was decided to postpone the Olympics so that more people would be able to participate. The event was designed to be a weekend for divers and their families to get together in a fun atmosphere to dive and have some inter-club entertainment. With that said, it was supported by the current entrants of the event to move it away from the skiing weekend. The new date will be posted in the next couple of weeks we we find a date with the best window.

Sponsors of the event have trophies and goodies ready for the entrants, and the Port Townsend community has quite a few specials for diver's only that weekend. Bob's presentation will be part of the event, the photography contest and fun dives will also be re-scheduled. It's a big deal for the town, and they are looking forward to having us all there. I've not actually seen a town so excited (other than Vegas) to have neoprene and latex clad people running around the city limits. :)

Just a reminder that I'll be doing a free Gas Management seminar this upcoming Friday at Tacoma Scuba ... pizza at 7, seminar starts at 7:30.

Due to technical difficulties we won't be able to webcast ... I'm going to try to video the seminar and get it up on the web somehow later on.

Hope to see some of y'all there ...

... Bob

NWGratefulDiver:
<snip>

Due to technical difficulties we won't be able to webcast ... I'm going to try to video the seminar and get it up on the web somehow later on.

<snip>
Drat! Please post if you're successful with the videotaping, Bob. Assuming you are, would you be able to create copies for sale instead of/in addition to posting it on the web?

I see the only other seminar listed is in April on a Wednesday. Any chance of any more being scheduled in the area on a Friday? (I might be able to drive down.)

Bob:

I'd be happy with a disk:D

That way I could rewind at will.

Of course I don't expect you to bear the cost of sending up here.

DVDs might be a possibility ... assuming I can find someone to video on Friday evening. Otherwise, we'll shoot for videoing the next one ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
DVDs might be a possibility ... assuming I can find someone to video on Friday evening. Otherwise, we'll shoot for videoing the next one ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

SUPER!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom