Gas Management Seminars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While we're waiting for the *polished* DVD version, do you have any upcoming seminars scheduled for the WA area, Bob? Or better yet, Vancouver? :wink:

annasea:
While we're waiting for the *polished* DVD version, do you have any upcoming seminars scheduled for the WA area, Bob? Or better yet, Vancouver? :wink:
Someone contacted me recently about doing one in the Vancouver (BC) area ... I think they're looking at maybe September ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Someone contacted me recently about doing one in the Vancouver (BC) area ... I think they're looking at maybe September ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Excellent! I'll be sure to watch this thread for updates! :)

I may also be in Tacoma in June during the PNW Treasure Hunt... any chance of you presenting one there?

NWGratefulDiver:
I have a DVD from February's seminar. While it's worthwhile and usable, I'm not totally happy with it.

I'm glad to hear you're working on a video. :D

- Ben

NWGratefulDiver:
I have a DVD from February's seminar. While it's worthwhile and usable, I'm not totally happy with it. I'd like to do a more "polished" recording before I release it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Bravo!
Distribute that puppy!

Ben_ca:
I hear it's him and Lamont on the couch talking about gases :lol:

Oh please, no. I think we've all had enough of that genre of diving 'instruction'. Maybe that could be on disk 2 of the collector set.

-Ben

NWGratefulDiver:
I have a DVD from February's seminar. While it's worthwhile and usable, I'm not totally happy with it. I'd like to do a more "polished" recording before I release it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Sorry for imposing on you in asking this question, but I was wondering if it was possible for you to subtitle/caption your DVD before releasing it? I have no idea the intricacies of subtitling/captioning at all. So, if this is a request that's too complicated, I apologize.

However, most "homegrown" dvds that I've seen tend to lack them...and it's often frustrating for a lot of people who would love to gain knowledge from a variety of other media applications that's not always the written word.

I'll see what I can do. Time isn't my friend, unfortunately ... besides scuba instruction, I work a full-time job.

I was planning to take some time off from teaching and work on this, as well as an underwater photography class I'd like to put together. But I've had requests for other classes that are going to keep me busy. So it may be a while.

The DVD we took in February was valuable, in that it showed me some strengths and weaknesses of my presentation. I'd like to improve those, and have a friend ... who's a videographer ... help me put something together in a more "controlled" setting. Time isn't a friend for her either, but she's a VERY good videographer. If we can pull it together, I'll offer it for a very nominal fee (mainly to cover my costs and time) and see if it flies.

In the meantime, if any of y'all within a few hours drive of Seattle want a seminar in your area, you only have to ask your LDS or dive club to invite me ... I'm willing to travel at my own expense (excepting air fare), and give the seminar for free ... especially if it's someplace I can get in a dive or two while I'm there ... :D

I've got requests pending for Port Townsend and Vancouver B.C. at the moment for August and September ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom