Garmin Descent MK2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a deal alert, for folks in Canada, if you download the optimity app and link your petro canada points card, you get 30% off site wide on garmin canada website. That brings the mk2i bundle with transmitter to C$16xx or USD12xx.

If only i dont have an apple watch 7 + teric already… i like my teric but i hope to just bring 1 smartwatch on trips.

Garmin released a new dive computer that starts at $550 in the USA. Obviously not as nice as the much more expensive MK1, MK2, and MK2s. Garmin Descent™ G1 | Dive Computer and Smartwatch
According to my contacts at Garmin the G1 will behave exactly like a Descent Mk1 as far as downloading dive data is concerned. So it should be already supported in Subsurface :cool:

According to my contacts at Garmin the G1 will behave exactly like a Descent Mk1 as far as downloading dive data is concerned. So it should be already supported in Subsurface :cool:
The G1 appears to be a good alternative to Peregrine - for those who wants a watch style DC and no need for AI.

Few questions and sorry if they have all ready been asked!

1.how long is the actual battery life?
2.will the transmitter and the watch stay paired or will I need to re-pair them every time?
3.how well dose the buddy share work?

No clue if they have been but here are the ones I can share

1) Depends on usage but I get average 7 days if using it as just a watch 5 if doing moderate sport 3 if litening to music and running, and cant tell you about diving as charge it every single night! Running out of battery is not an opton for me.
2) Pair and forget (but of course check every dive)
3) No clue

No clue if they have been but here are the ones I can share

1) Depends on usage but I get average 7 days if using it as just a watch 5 if doing moderate sport 3 if litening to music and running, and cant tell you about diving as charge it every single night! Running out of battery is not an opton for me.
2) Pair and forget (but of course check every dive)
3) No clue
Thanks for the info! So over all do you think it is worth it come paired to say a sunto dive computer?

hmm, I will say not for everyone as they are expensive but I have not used my Breitling since I got the Garmin, it's not a dive computer it's soo much more.

Not sure if anyone posted previously about this but on one of the last updates for the MK2i it now has surface GF as an option for display.

So over all do you think it is worth it compared to say a sunto dive computer?
I replaced my Suunto Vytec with the Garmin MK2i. Granted the Vytec was an old dive computer but the Garmin is better in every way. Battery lasts a couple weeks easy. Best fitness watch on the market and an outstanding dive computer to boot. Worth every penny to me. I'd buy it if it was $2,000.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom