Galileo Trimix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For ****s n giggles I ordered a "Trimix Upgrade" from a dive shop in the Netherlands that recently added it to their inventory..

http://www.diveshop.nl/product_info.php?productname=Upgrade-Terra/Luna/Sol-Trimix&products_id=2703

They announced an entire new line of technical diving gear at DEMA (wings, bp, regs, etc.), but no trimix update.. :confused:

received the following e-mail from the diveshop today:

"Orderdatum: 18/11/2010

Dear Koos,

Scubapro-Uwatec just informed us that the Upgrade Terra/Luna/Sol Trimix is unfortunaly not deliverable untill spring 2011. :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:
Please let us know if you want to proceed with order and wait or that you cancel the order.

Please let us know what you want to do with the order.

With kind regards,

Safe Diving"

When I was at DEMA earlier this week, I saw at the Scubapro classroom they were going to have a trimix presentation. Unfortunately I had to head back to Phx before the presentation. I asked at the booth if the information was available, but was told that whatever wasa going to be announced would be at that presentation.

So....... Anybody go? Anything to report?

Jeff

they told us it is in beta testing with trimix divers, but when larry volunteered they were indifferent.

i thought the whole scubapro booth sucked. poorly thought out stuff presented poorly.

i thought the whole scubapro booth sucked. poorly thought out stuff presented poorly.

I was signed up for the Trimix class but figured it was something like that. Especially after walking through the booth and there was nothing labeled or to indicate that they were moving to trimix.

Before Dema the Rep had announced that Scubapro was "Going Tech" in a "bigway".

I guess that means rebadge a Halcyon plate with a Scubapro logo and create some Fugly wing/harness system.

They have dedicated EANX regs overseas but I guess we aren't ready for them.

Overall, I agree with you completely, the booth was horrible and if that was all the effort they were willing to put into it why bother.

Who cares? It is a great recreational computer.

It is a great rec computer except:
1) it has crappy lighting.
2) the layout is not designed well; for example, tank pressure is in the smallest font for any screeen setting.
3) the heart monitor is worthless.
If SP would just fix these issues then I wouldn't care about trimix either.

To all SOL owners, hang on just a little while longer, I have it from a good source that there is good news coming at DEMA.

You're speaking of DEMA 2009, right? I heard that, too. :wink:

I guess that means rebadge a Halcyon plate with a Scubapro logo and create some Fugly wing/harness system.

noticed that too, didja? and the sidemount was a total cluster - there wasn't a way to connect the band to the harness. no towel bar or whatever. and some dinky little rings on the back padding - give me a break. the dude had so obviously never seen anyone actually diving sidemount, let alone done it himself, and definitely not done it on that crappy rig.

the utd one at the next booth, however, was effin' awesome! with a gas-block type manifold you clip your tanks into instead of running the long hose in a big rubber band.

Yes, I was also very dissapointed in SP's DEMA presence. They could have done a lot better.

1) They do seem to be trying to get into tech "in a big way" but they have learned basically nothing since they tried it in the 1990s with the S-Tek and X-Tek options of that era. On the plus side, they are offerring what is clearly a rebranded Halcyon plate with a decent harness (it appears access to Halcyon's expertise on plates, harnesses, etc is what they got out of rebranding the G250V, Mk 25 an Mk 17 regulators as Halcyon regs.) They also have some decent horseshoe and donut wings in 40, 60 and (big sigh of dissapointment) 90 pound lift flavors, but (another sigh of dissapointment) they offer them in variety of models that include dual dump and bungeed models. Still, as long as they continue to offer normal single dump non bungeed 40 and 60 pound horseshoe and donut models it is not all bad.

2) As Marci noted, they are totally clueless about sidemount. When I asked, the sales rep who was repoted to be knowledgable about it directed me to their overly padded 2 non adjustable D-rings per shoulder QD equipped harness and pointed out 4 small d-rings sewn to the fabric of the harness and identified them as anchor points for the tanks. I confirmed that I was talking to an idiot/sidemount poser when he had no clue what a butt plate was or a towel bar. If he had at least been up front and said, "hey, sorry sidemount is not my thing" I'd have had at least some respect for him. As it is, with his lame effort to pass himself off as knowledgeable (and potentially set up some unsuspecting dealer with "sidemount" equipment, I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire. After a bit more discussion he said that they had decided that regardless of what they did to develop a side mount rig, someone would be unhappy, so this was all they were going to do. Wonderful. It's a challenge, so just run from it. I then made the mistake of turning away to look at the product for a few seconds and "poof" he was gone. Got a buyer with tough questions, I guess the answer is to run from that too. They clearly did not bring their A game to DEMA.

3) With regard to the trimix beta testing, they are looking for about 20 divers. Saying they were indifferent is not exactly accurate,but it's close. They were helpful and provided me with contacts at SP that I already have and I will follow through with applying, mostly because I want to ensure they get beta testers who will try it in a cave envrionment rather than strictly offshore where the planned ascent profile can be followed. I want to ensure it get tested in an environment where we can see how well and or efficiantly it handles deco at deeper than the optimum stop depths.

The good news here is that it is targeted at SOL and PMG upgraded LUNA computers, so no new computer with 4th button, etc.

4) They were in general not real attentive and it was like pulling teeth to get someone to talk to you about anything in the booth. The couple times we stopped by there were always staff standing around and some one them were helpful in terms of getting one of the reps to you, the repes were just exceptionally bad about actually following through. I got the impression they were only focusing on people they knew personally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom